Install S32 design studio, Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install S32 design studio, Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

Jump to solution
tommysvensson
Contributor II

Hi,

I cant install S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2  on Windows 7.

There is a error entry in the installation log:

Install Uninstaller: S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2(Install All Uninstaller Components)
Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

I have tired to run the installation as a normal user as well as administrator (Right click -> Run as Administrator). But installation still fails.

Is there a solution for this?

BRs

Tommy

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.2_Install_09_02_2016_11_30_33.log.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tommysvensson
Contributor II

Finally managed to install S32  DS.

Had a look at the activation key in the webportal, and noticed that it was different from the one I gotten in the email.

The activation key from the webportal worked.

I guess that "Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)” means that the entered activation key is invalid...

Maybe the you(NXP) can improve the installation and give proper error messages and feedback to the users?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lifepaper_cn
Contributor I

Hi I slove same problem in this way

1.search vcredist_x86.exe by everything software, then find it at C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{f65db027-aff3-4070-886a-0d87064aabb1}\vcredist_x86.exe

2.delete it and re-install vcredist_x86.exe, it alert that have no permission to write C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp120.dll

3.use this script to get the premission of SysWOW64 directory

https://blog.csdn.net/qq_25421741/article/details/115941861

4.re-install vcredist_x86.exe done, then install s32ds done

0 Kudos
xiehao5
Contributor I

Hi Tommy,

Please check the windows service "Server" status.

Installanywhere relies on the service.

Make sure the "Server" service is enabled and running.

Then retry the installation.

0 Kudos
james4
Contributor I

windows service "Server"   is which serivce?The whole name of "server" is?

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tommy,

Just one more comment: I suspect you might swap Activation ID for S32DS Power and S32DS for ARM. This won't work. Each product requires its own Activation ID.

Regards,

Stan

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tommy,

Glad you are up and running - thanks for sharing the solution.

We recently made some changes to S32DS installer to be able to distinguish between Activation issues and the other installation issues.

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos
tommysvensson
Contributor II

Finally managed to install S32  DS.

Had a look at the activation key in the webportal, and noticed that it was different from the one I gotten in the email.

The activation key from the webportal worked.

I guess that "Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)” means that the entered activation key is invalid...

Maybe the you(NXP) can improve the installation and give proper error messages and feedback to the users?

0 Kudos
onestar
Contributor I

I got the same error! But in the installing process, I haven't get the window to enter my activation key.

So what can I do to solve this problem? 

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your report and apologize about the inconveniences.

I've checked the activation requests on our licensing server side and there is no entry related to your activation ID.

This may indicate that either installation failed before you entered your Activation ID or  you cannot access our server form your PC to activate it online.

Could you possibly try to activate S32DS using an offline method?

Offline activation on S32 

Have you installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages?

Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos
tommysvensson
Contributor II

Have tried both online and offline activation methods before, with failed/installation rollback as result.

Just tried offline activation again, but installation still fails with

“Install Uninstaller: S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)”

Have installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

BRs

Tommy