How to use pegdbserver_power_console.exe to program MCU flash?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use pegdbserver_power_console.exe to program MCU flash?

Jump to solution
yangdongyu
Contributor II

I use pe universal with S32DS_Power_V2017.R1, I know how to program and debug MCU, in S32DS eclipse enviroument.

Sometimes, I want to program MCU without S32DS eclipse enviroutment. I suppose to use pegdbserver_power_console.exe and powerpc-eabivle-gdb.exe, but have no documents or any help infomation.

Thanks for help.

1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

there is similar thread for S32K144 - the principle is very same. 

https://community.nxp.com/message/1048309?commentID=1048309#comment-1048309?q=flash%20console 

Jiri 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You might have a look how it is done with P&E and Kinetis:

Command Line Programming and Debugging with GDB | MCU on Eclipse 

Same principle applies for Power (or any other target supported by P&E with a GDB Server).

I hope this helps,

Erich

yangdongyu
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Thanks for reply.

I have searched your blogs before question here. It is so surprise meet you here.

I know the S32DS debug tool chain is based on gdb, there are much information I can searched about gdb.

But they don't tell about the command like erase chip, program, verify program.

I suppose these command have already realized in pegdbserver, we need to execute through gdb client.

I hope to get further help ahout these.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The GDB server provides a way to reach the hardware, and the server usually has rather limited and low level functionality. You have to use the GDB client as outlined in that article, and with this you can flash the program, debug it, etc.

Erasing/programming/verify is done as part of that.

You you need a finer level of control, you probably want to looka the SEGGER J-Link as this one provides an extra jlink program you can do this things from the command line or from scripts without the need of the GDB client.

I hope this helps,

Erich

yangdongyu
Contributor II

OK, Thank you !

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

there is similar thread for S32K144 - the principle is very same. 

https://community.nxp.com/message/1048309?commentID=1048309#comment-1048309?q=flash%20console 

Jiri 

yangdongyu
Contributor II

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for reply.

With your guidance I understand we can use gdb command to program flash.

target remote localhost:7224

load c:/nxp/hello_world_s32k144.elf

But I sitll need some commands like full chip erase, program verify. I saw these commands in S32DS console, and can't fine in gdb client with help.

0 Kudos