cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set S32DS debug to flash?

文辉王
Contributor III

Dear all,

There is a question that needs to be consulted. I am debugging mpc5744p, but I found that when using S32DS, the code can only be downloaded to RAM, but not flash. That is to say, I can run the program when I debug, but after the dug, I find that the program is not burned in the chip. How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can add new configuration in configuration manager: 

pastedImage_1.png

The difference between RAM and FLASH target is in Linker file. For your new configuration select linker script file for Flash target - pastedImage_2.png 

As a reference you can look at any example - almost all of them have both configurations (FLASH,RAM).

Hope it helps.

Jiri . 

0 Kudos

文辉王
Contributor III

Hello Jiri ,

Followed your method, but it still doesn't seem to download the code to the chip.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vern,

could you please post the debugger screen that indicates the executable has not been programmed into flash.

Please also check the debugger GDB serverv console - it should include information about the programmed sections and addresses.

pastedImage_1.png

Stan

0 Kudos

文辉王
Contributor III

Hello Stan,

The following is the console information:pastedImage_1.png

The following is the debugger console information:

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

from you screenshot it is obvious that your program is uploaded into Flash (and already present in Flash). There is probably some error in your project - it looks that you program ends in some exception. It is possible share your project? 

Jiri 

0 Kudos