How do I reference the default Workspace in the command line?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reference the default Workspace in the command line?

Jump to solution
roy_vanlierop
Contributor III

I'm automating my builds with the command line and I would like to use the same command across different machines. These machines have their Workspaces on different locations. They only use one Workspace. 

Where can I find (and reference) the default workspace? It it in a PATH variable, some .ini file or do I need to query some specific executable?

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\local_projects\MyWonderfulWorkspaceS32DS -cleanBuild proj_name

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @roy_vanlierop ,

S32 Design Studio is built on top of Eclipse. As I am aware, Eclipse does not have a default workspace setting. S32DS does not add anything for this. Perhaps you could find some ideas in the Eclipse communities?

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @roy_vanlierop ,

S32 Design Studio is built on top of Eclipse. As I am aware, Eclipse does not have a default workspace setting. S32DS does not add anything for this. Perhaps you could find some ideas in the Eclipse communities?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
roy_vanlierop
Contributor III

Hello Mike, 

Thanks for the reply.

Except by making my own plugin there doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to get the workspace name. 

The workspace name is in the titlebar, I might be able to scrape it with some custom bat file. Seems like workaround. 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @roy_vanlierop,

One thing you might consider, is having the workspace the same for all PCs. For example, the C:\Users\Public profile is on all Windows OS PCs, you could place the workspaces there and use the same name for the workspace in each case, then you would not need to implement a script to try to extract it. However, if you don't have influence over the humans that control each PC, perhaps the script is a better solution.

Mike

roy_vanlierop
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

This exactly my problem, the humans. 

I will cobble up some sort of script to extract the Workspace path. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos