Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Tools pointing to wrong project in workspace

Jump to solution
roy_vanlierop
Contributor III

I have a couple of projects in my Workspace: 

roy_vanlierop_0-1632744584103.png

The one highlighted in bold has some external tools associated with the project. The selected project also has some external tools associated with it. 

When clicking the external tools dropdown, only the tools from the highlighted project are visible. I need to remove the highlighted project from my Workspace if I wish to use the tools from my selected project. This seems like a bug or an oversight. I also cannot highlight the selected project. 

roy_vanlierop_1-1632744815077.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

The external tools are configured for existing workspace. If you like to use it for specific project, you need to create separate configuration for each project and specify project working directory. If you like also call build - you need to select specific project: 

jiri_kral_0-1632852756344.png

jiri_kral_1-1632852785545.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

The external tools are configured for existing workspace. If you like to use it for specific project, you need to create separate configuration for each project and specify project working directory. If you like also call build - you need to select specific project: 

jiri_kral_0-1632852756344.png

jiri_kral_1-1632852785545.png

0 Kudos
roy_vanlierop
Contributor III

Hi, 

I suspect all my external tools were deleted somehow. This explains why I wasn't seeing the external tools associated with my projects. 

I re-created them and exported them in case they disappear again. 

0 Kudos