Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when debugging in S32 for MPC5777MEVB with MPC5744P microcontroller

maitesierra
Contributor II

find this error:

153958_153958.pngpastedImage_11.png

We are using MPC5777MEVB evaluation board with MPC5744P microcontroller. We connect through PE Micro Universal Multilink and have installed latest version of its drivers. Apart form this, we have installed lastest version of S32 Design Studio.

Any help on this issue please?

Thanks in advance.

Maite

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maite,

Could you perhaps start Pemicro GDB server from the command line -  it should show some more info about the issue.

Go to folder and execute the command below from the Windows command line:

c:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.1.6.201511041643\win32\pegdbserver_power_console.exe  -device=MPC5744P -startserver -verbose

If the connection is successful you should see something like this:

pastedImage_2.png

Could you please post your terminal window In case there is an error?

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

nxf47968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stan, 

I am facing similar issue. Could you please take a look at my screenshot and let me know what I am missing.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Su

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Su, 

According to the log it seems that the device is censored or there is a "hardware" kind of issue that prevents accessing JTAG OnCE registers and connectiong to the board.

Have you programmed UTEST flash on your device (e.g. dcf records) ? 

Have you ever been able to connect to this board using your setup (board + probe + S32DS)? 

Which board and MCU mask are you actually using?

I noticed you are connecting via pretty old Pemicro probe. Do you have any other probe to test with (to eliminate faulty probe unit case) or any other MPC57xx board you can test with the probe you have?

Also I'd strongly recommend you to update S32DS. There is new version of pemicro plugin available (v1.7.4) and a  Radar SDK which you might find useful:

S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1 - Update 4 available 

Regards,

Stan

0 Kudos

nxf47968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hey Stan,

Thank you for your response :smileyhappy:

Figured out the problem(s) :

1. The board was a new S32R274 that I was testing. As I had set the default configurations incorrectly (not enough delay after the reset and before communicating to target), hence the communication was failing.

2. I was not able to communicate to the chip at all. Did problem number1 cause this to happen?

I am using I am

I am using NXP Semiconductors S32R274 RADAR Microcontroller and an EVB for the same.

And yes, I got all the updated versions of the software !

-Su

0 Kudos

maitesierra
Contributor II

Hi Stan,

Looking at this terminal window, we have realized that there were some problem with S32DS gdb installation files. So we have uninstalled and re-installed S32DS. Now it works fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Maite

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maite,

do you use S32DS for power version 1.0 or 1.1? I ask, because I have a problem with registration with version 1.1.

Please write me back.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

maitesierra
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

We use S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture, Version 1.0 build 151127. Is it version 1.1 available?

Regards,

Maite

0 Kudos