S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2 (Windows/Linux) released!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

The new official release of S32DS for ARM v1.2 is available in the download section of S32DS web page: http://www.nxp.com/s32ds

148213_148213.pngpastedImage_3.png 148217_148217.pngpastedImage_4.png

148220_148220.pngpastedImage_17.png

To  install the product the Activation Code is needed. You can Find it under "License keys" tab.

S32 Design Studio is based on Eclipse open development platform and integrates the Eclipse IDE, GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), GNU Debugger (GDB), and other open-source software. This release supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32/64 bit) and Linux versions as well.

S32DS ARM v1.2 main features

• Free of charge tool with no code size limitation (no license file required)
    • Eclipse Luna 4.4 Framework
    • GNU Tools for ARM embedded processors (launchpad, based on gcc 4.9.3) and ARM64: 4.9.3 20141031 Linaro
    • Libraries included: newlib, newlib-nano and Freescale EWL2 (ewl and ewl-nano)
    • SEGGER J-Link (with SEGGER GDB Server), P&E Multilink (with P&E GDB Server)
    • Fully integrated S32 SDK for S32K144 EAR release v.0.8.1
    • SDK management included (KEA drivers, FreeMASTER for KEA, AMMCLIB for KEA and S32K)
    • CodeWarrior/KDS project importer
    • GreenHills/IAR compiler support by the new Project Wizard
    • iSystem/Lauterbach debuggers support by the new Project Wizard
    • Kernel Aware Debugging FreeRTOS, OSEK.

Devices supported

• SKEAZN8, SKEAZN16, SKEAZN32, SKEAZN64, SKEAZ128, SKEAZ64
  • S32K144
  • S32V234
  • MAC57D54H

Technical Support

S32 Design Studio is supported by NXP community - https://community.freescale.com/community/s32/s32ds/

For more details see the attached release notes.

* Red items are the new features

Regards,

Stanislav

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hello Stanislav,

I am facing problem regarding licensing s32 Design studio v1.2.

I tried online and offline activation of license code I obtained in my mail, but failed in both modes.

I am unable to understand the reason for this.

For Offline Activation :

I get "Invalid offline response, Response Type" message in return.

For Online Activation :

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Hello Misal,

We apologize about the inconvenience.

I've reported this issue to our licensing team.

Now it should work.

Stan

I found a workaround for this type of issues, that I think is related to the build installed

Here is what I did, I basically uninstalled the version I had install, and reinstalled with the recent build , here is the about S32

pastedImage_0.png

The build I got it from the web portal,  is the following

pastedImage_1.png

After uninstalling the S32 , and deleting trusted storage recorded on previous

In Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 and Server 2012 go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options.

1. 1. Click the View Tab.
  2. 2. Select the option to 'Show hidden files, folders and drives', and click OK.

Look for the following directory:

Windows XP and 2003 Server: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008, Server 2012: C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet

pastedImage_2.png

I also deleted Eclipse folder located in the NXP location to avoid any previous plug in

pastedImage_3.png

After do this , I went to the fresh install and fo the following ,

pastedImage_4.png

Save the request.xml , and load this file on the web portal offline activation

pastedImage_5.png

Save activation.xml and load this on the app, using load offline response

pastedImage_6.png

And now it works,

pastedImage_7.png

So with this , I will say the issue is on the build the user has , please make sure he is using our latest build

Hope this helps, thank you

Regards

I cannot install either DS for ARM or PPC (latest versions).  It will not accept the license key emailed to me.  I tried both online and offline.

Please help as I uninstalled the previous versions.

I have the exact problem that Swapnil Misal had above.

Hi,

I have a general question. 

Is S32 supposed to be replacing CodeWarrior or seen as opensource, parallel IDE to it then? I've seen the mitigation guide AN5282...

Does it support the MPC5634M or is it already supported? That would be a feature request otherwise, please.

Regards

Hi Ludwig,

from my point of view S32 Design Studio is determined especially for MPC57xx family as a free alternative to Green Hills and Wind River compilers. Of course you can use it also for MPC56xx, but no all MPC56xx microcontrollers are supported.

Just MPC5634M was not supported by S32 Design Studio v1.0 and also version 1.1 does not support this device. I will ask my colleague about this support in next release, but I am afraid it is not planned.

I will keep in touch with you.

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

I would like to correct my previous MPC5634M support. Support for MPC5634M is planned for S32 Design Studio version 1.2.

Regards,

Martin

Double thumbs up for that, Martin!

1) Alternative to GHS etc.

2) Plan support for the device

Greetings,

Ludwig

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-28-2016 08:06 AM
Updated by: