Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s12g: SWI command resets to 0x0 rather than address at reset vector

Jump to solution
ilya_r
Contributor III

working with the s12g128 processor:

the SWI reset command sends mirco to address 0x0 rather than the address programmed in the reset vectors @ 0xFFFA, 0xFFFC or 0xFFFE

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am not sure I understand the behavior you described.

The SWI is not reset oriented.

(Vector base + 0x00F8) Unimplemented opcode trap

(Vector base + 0x00F6) Software interrupt instruction (SWI) or BDM vector request

The software interrupt (SWI) instruction initiates synchronous exception processing. First, the return PC value is stacked. After CPU context is stacked, execution continues at the address pointed to by the SWI vector.

I have attached an example I have tested the functionality. It worked without any problems. G128-CPU-SWItest-CW51.zip

Best Regards,

Ladislav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am not sure I understand the behavior you described.

The SWI is not reset oriented.

(Vector base + 0x00F8) Unimplemented opcode trap

(Vector base + 0x00F6) Software interrupt instruction (SWI) or BDM vector request

The software interrupt (SWI) instruction initiates synchronous exception processing. First, the return PC value is stacked. After CPU context is stacked, execution continues at the address pointed to by the SWI vector.

I have attached an example I have tested the functionality. It worked without any problems. G128-CPU-SWItest-CW51.zip

Best Regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos
ilya_r
Contributor III

Thanks.

Based on the some of the AN's and TP's I read I got the wrong impression that SWI was a software reset request.

0 Kudos