cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Multilink BDM for Code Warrior 3.1 settings

raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Hi

I am trying to build my application and download it on to the HCS12 using code warrior 3.1 and a P & E USB Multilink Pro BDM. When I do this, I get an error message on the True-Time Simulator saying "Communication to ICD-12 failed". It then directs me to a window to choose the communication device and the only option is COM1 (no USB option). Any idea how I can get this to work? Any settings that can be changed in Code Warrior or in the True time Simulator?
My colleague was able to build and download the same application using the same USB Multilink Pro, but with Code Warrior Version 4.5

Cheers,
Raghav

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

If there is no USB option, then your cable is not installed properly under Windows.

Re-install the cable using another USB port on your machine.
Or look at Windows hardware configuration why your product does not work, un-install it, remove it, wait 30s, and plug it back to re-install.

A P&E Micro USB Multilink is properly working when the Blue light is on. To talk to the target, the amber light is needed also. The latest means the target is powered.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Both lights  on the BDM are switched on. Should'nt this indicate that the USB port is working fine?
0 Kudos

raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Hi Alban,

Tried reinstalling the USB Multilink- windows says its installled and working properly and the light is on , but I still get  the same error messages. See the attached screenshots for the error messages.

Raghav
0 Kudos

mke_et
Contributor IV
Try this...

Insert/attach the MultiLink.

Go into the device manager and click on it.

UNINSTALL the device

Detach the MultiLink

At this point you can try to reattach and reidentify the MultiLink. It MAY work. If not, do the procedure again, this time try to reinstall the software patch AGAIN and then try the attach and see if it works. If it STILL doesn't work, do this AGAIN to uninstall the hardware, then REINSTALL codewarrior and make sure you do the patch for USB BEFORE you insert the MultiLink for the first time.

I suspect that the MultiLink is being picked up by something else in Windows and is misidentified as a 'best guess'.

By the way, the lights mean power is on, nothing more. The light for the target is just target power. The light for the USB power will only be on if the USB is activated, which should only happen if it's identified and configured, but it may not be CORRECTLY identified and configured.

Message Edited by mke_et on 2007-01-0708:56 AM

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

It is possible that you did not install the CodeWarrior Service Pack for P&E Micro USB2 drivers, available from CodeWarrior website.

The user guide provided on P&E Micro website explains how to use the tool you have.

Note that there are 3 Revision, from RevA to RevC, of the USB Multilink. I used A and B under CW3.1 without much problem. I never used RevC as I didn't receive one from P&E Micro.

You mention "USB Multilink Pro", that is unknown from me.
I know Cyclone Pro or USB Multilink. I assumed you are using the last = ML-12

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Thank you Alban,

I installed the Service Pack and that solved my problems.

Raghav
0 Kudos