cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRecCvt-GUI.exe is missing command line tool

Jump to solution
astro_goto
Contributor III

I've been using SRecCvt-GUI.exe for some time to convert banked S19 records to linear. Yesterday it worked but today it does'nt. When I click on the icon it returns the error message: "The SRecCvt command line tool could not be found. It must be in the same folder as the GUI interface".

The folder contains 3 files:

DeviceInfo.Dat

SRecCvt.exe

SRecCvt-GUI.exe

Assuming something got corrupted, I downloaded  AN4258SW and unzipped all files to a new folder. The folder with SRecCvt-GUI.exe now contains a new sub-folder: SRecCvt-GUI Libs, in addition to the original 3 files.  My board supplier says it is the latest version. Double clicking on  SRecCvt-GUI.exe produces the same error message as before.

My computer is a recent DELL INSPIRON running Windows7 Pro 64 bit with all recent Microsoft upgrade patches.

Software development is stalled until this problem is resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
astro_goto
Contributor III

On 3/2/2013 the problem with SRecCvt-GUI.exe returned. This time I beleive that a recent Windows update is the culprit.

I used System Restore to delete update Windows KB2670838 and now SRecCvt-GUI.exe works OK, again.

I hopes this helps someone.

Gil Gagne

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
astro_goto
Contributor III

I restored the state of my PC to a restore point 30 days ago and now SRecCvt-GUI.exe works perfectly.

Only JAVA and Microsoft updates have been downloaded since that earlier restore point, so one of them must be the culprit.

I'll have to select each upgrade and install individually to find out for sure. I'll post a note here if and when I find out which one caused the problem.

0 Kudos
astro_goto
Contributor III

On 3/2/2013 the problem with SRecCvt-GUI.exe returned. This time I beleive that a recent Windows update is the culprit.

I used System Restore to delete update Windows KB2670838 and now SRecCvt-GUI.exe works OK, again.

I hopes this helps someone.

Gil Gagne

0 Kudos
jinaiwu
Contributor I

hi, dear :

i want use sreccvt in command -line by my script .    i can convert in GUI  , but i do not known how to set command -line option parameter.

my command -line as below, target:  convert bank address to linear address

sreccvt.exe  -b 8 0x08 32 -o out.s19 ck.sx

sreccvt.png

hope kindly man give me some good answer.

thanks!

0 Kudos
astro_goto
Contributor III

I have an important clue:  my Win7 computer has Virtual XP capability and in XP mode SRecCvt-GUI.exe works OK. I now believe the original problem lies with some recent Microsoft updates, don't know which one as about 8 were recently downloaded and installed. Some more were installed today but SRecCvt-GUI.exe still does'nt work, except in XP mode.

0 Kudos