S12 All-Access Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12 All-Access Bootloader

Sharon_Royal2015
Contributor I

Iam using S12 All-Access Bootloader in my project(AN3275).

I editted the application program .prm file to ROM_C000 = READ_ONLY 0xC000 TO 0xEFFD;

With this the bootloader was working fine and able to load the application.

But now I had some modifications in the application project and now the size has been increased.

And so with the previously mention edit in .prm file, error is coming in my application project and so I increased ROM_C000 space. But now when I run bootloader application and load the .s19 file Error: Trying to program into bootloader section.

So how can I edit bootloader program inorder to accommodate my application program into the memory.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Martytec
Contributor I

Hi Sharon, I have read that you are working with the S12 All-Access Bootloader. Can you please tell me where you got this bootloader from or in which program it is implemented?

Thank you, Martin.

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is hard to say what to do. I'll talk about it also with our CW guy when he is a work.

The easiest way is to get project, if possible. Or, some artificial project which highlights the issue.

If you see the project as confidential you can send it privately or you can create a request to a support ticket at our support pages https://www.nxp.com/   -> support -> support tickets
and introduce it ... to Ladislav...
Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

Sharon_Royal2015
Contributor I

Hi Ladislav,

Following your suggestion I made all those changes and changed the command line arguments.

But when building the project, link error are coming. 

Regards,

Sharon

I have attached the screenshot.

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it seems that the compiler memory model option -Mx does not match with ansi library used.

In case you use small memory model (-Ms) please use library ansisi.lib (attached are all available versions) instead of ansib.lib :

stanish_0-1655112898785.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

Sharon_Royal2015
Contributor I

Hello

Instead of ansib.lib I added ansisi.lib, but still link error exists.

Please check the attachment.

Regards

Sharon

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I apologize about the confusion - please use ansis.lib instad since ansisi.lib -> is is missing floating point support. It is the reason is why it is imposible to link the poject.

Stan

Sharon_Royal2015
Contributor I

Hi

Now the project is build successfully.

But after flashing to board, my project is not loading.

Meanwhile I have a doubt, while enabling 

ROM_4000 = READ_ONLY 0x4000 TO 0x7FFF;

and changing in PLACEMENT 

INTO ROM_C000/*, ROM_4000*/;

to

INTO ROM_C000, ROM_4000;

is it necessary to change the command line arguments to  -Onb=b.

Regards

Sharon 

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You are not allowed to increase space C000 - EFFD because you will access the bootloader space.

Have you been thinking to use additional near flash 4000-7FFF if you need more near access space?

The procedure is written in the prm file.

However...

in SEGMENTS enable

ROM_4000 = READ_ONLY 0x4000 TO 0x7FFF;

in PLACEMENT change:

INTO ROM_C000/*, ROM_4000*/;

to

INTO ROM_C000, ROM_4000;

Then
press Alt F7 (or go to compiler settings)-> select Compiler for HC12 in Target settings panel -> write: -Onb=b into Comand line arguments

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos