Route Interrupt to XGATE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Interrupt to XGATE

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:58 am    

Hello everbody,

am I right in thinking that only 8 interrupts in a row can be routet to the xgate? I think that this is not clearly verbalised in the documentation for the Controller.
If I'm wrong, how can the Interrupts (for example ATD0, PortH and SCI2) be routed to the XGATE?

TIA
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:22 pm    

Hi,
To route any interrupt to the XGate, you just need to set the matching RQST bit of this interrupt.
You're then free to generate any CPU interrupt when you're finished with the XGate Interrupt treatment.
Code:
SetIntPrio(0x39, RQST|1);   /* assign SW0 interrupt to Xgate, priority 1 */ 

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 pm    

maybe the confusion arises because you can only view 8 interrupt setup channels at a time.
There are multiple banks of 8 registers, so you select the correct page before modifying the register - see Alban's code as an example
The app note AN3144 has some explanations and worked examples of this

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:46 am    

Hello,

thanks for your replies. In fact, my problem was I didn't realize that the Interrupt Configuration Data Registers were banked. Now I understand the system.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies