Beginner question about MC9S12NE64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner question about MC9S12NE64

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:05 am    

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to start a project using the MC9S12NE64.
I'm wanting to use this chip for a school project so my budget is pretty small. Can anyone offer up some suggestions?

Thank you,
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:40 am    

Hello,
SofTec has realized a demoboard dedicated to the S12NE64 device. This board includes a CoreModule based on the Freescale device, and a demo board with several features to evaluate the device's peripherals. Please use the following link to get more info:
http://www.softecmicro.com/products.html?type=detail&title=AK-S12NE64-A

I know that $ 449.00 is not so cheap for a student, but if you are eligible for SofTec Education Program:
http://www.softecmicro.com/company.html?type=detail&title=Educational+Program

then you will get an extra discount.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:51 pm    

I'm really looking for something cheap. What I was hoping for is if someone would describe for me the minimalist circuit I needed to build in order to use a BDM to program this chip. Like I said, I'm a newb but need to get up to speed on this chip quickly.

Thank you all for any help you may provide.
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:44 pm    

Why not use tbdml to program and debug the device on your own breadboard, the only restriction will be that you can't devlop at the speed necessary to run the high speed ethernet.
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:03 pm    

The simple demo board called DEMO9S12NE64 is only $75 and I highly recommend this for creating designs and experimenting with. You get plenty for your money, there is an external I/O port available to connect extra external bits and pieces to standard and A/D ports, two LED's, Two switches, a reset switch, a roatry dial connected to the A/D conv, a serial and an ethernet socket. You also get some demo software and some programs to play around with.

This can be programmed via the serial port and the included BDM header, you will have to buy a USB Multilink to use the BDM header.

If you want to create your own circuit design you may have to wait as samples for both 80-pin and 112-pin are in short supply, I know this as I have had to push very hard to get them quickly for a product I am developing.

To help you create your own circuit I suggest looking on the device page on the freescale website for a pdf called DEMO9S12NE64SCH this will give the schematic for the demo board and is a very good guideline.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:20 pm    

Thanks everyone. I'll look at those suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies