MC9S12XDP512 Development Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12XDP512 Development Board

RChapman
Contributor I

This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:59 pm    

Does anyone know where a MC9S12XDP512 board or chip can be purchased? Thanks!

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:11 pm    

you need to find a friendly Freescaler to get you one. The launch to distribution will be in Q2 next year.

What do you plan to do with it?

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:28 pm    

take it you recieved some boards back in october? I found your site about a month ago at most when I first heard of the 9S12X. So at present there is no way to get a MC9S12XDP512 board? The only option is to get the processor from freescale?

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:54 pm    

Yes, I had a board. Right now the boards are mainly being used to support the large automotive customers. Other than that you will need to speak to one of the Freescale distributers and ask them to get one for you, they will be reluctant to do this till the full launch next year but there is no harm in trying.

The S12X is a cracker of a device, the Xgate will be great to play around with, I think it will spawn lots of new ideas not yet thought of. Very Happy

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:19 pm    

did you manage to get hold of one yet.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:02 pm    

I sure haven't P&E has also been slow to respond to my request for there updated software for the S12X.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:51 am    

I think currently the big tools suppliers have support for the S12X and XGate. For example Nohau that I represent currently offers BDM support for the S12X and XGate. Cost is however higher than the P&E, but also the functionality. Nohau will also offer a full S12X emulator in February.

Hope this helps,

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:26 pm    

Thanks for your info I will take a look at that.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:52 pm    

Freescale does have an eval board for sale on their site SCBDMPGMRS12 if that would help?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:03 pm    

Question That does not appear to be an S12X ?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:14 pm    

I guess I didn't look to closely at the specs, but try this like to freescale, I used the part number you originally posted to find this info.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MC9S12XDP512&nodeId=0162468636bJwn
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:28 pm    

Ah yeah I see what you are talking about. I dunno why they reference that development board. I will have to look into that some more. As I understand it public wont be getting access to them unless you have friends in the industry til Q2 of this year.
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:06 pm    

After actually reading the description of the SCBDMPGMRS12. It is obvious where the confusion was. The description is Enhanced 16-bit BDM Stand Alone Programmer , so next time I need to read a little first. Embarassed
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:11 pm    

All good Smile No harm done.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies