cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN baud rate as a UART

charudattaingal
Contributor IV

Dear Team,

I want to set LIN phy slew rate apart from 10.4/ 20  kbit/s.

I need to set baud rate as 38400,57600 and 115200.

I am using LIN pin as a SCI.

Is there any way to set LIN Phy baud rate 38400,57600 and 115200 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Charudatta

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charudatta,

I suppose that you use S12ZVL MCU. Correct?

The setting for baud rate (it specifies the number of bits per second) is part of SCI block. The LIN PHY 10.4/20 kbit/s slew rates (it specifies a length of rising/falling edges) are designed for standard LIN communication speeds.

The LIN Physical Layer can also be configured to be used for non-LIN applications (for example, to transmit a PWM pulse) by disabling the TxD-dominant timeout (LPDTDIS=1). If the desired baud rate is significantly higher than 20 kbit/s (up to 250kbit/s, as in your case), please select Fast Mode Slew Rate. This mode is used for fast communication only, and the LIN electricals are not supported (for example, the LIN duty cycles). A stronger external pull-up resistor (like 1KOhm) might be necessary to sustain communication speeds up to 250 kbit/s. The LIN signal (and therefore the receive LPRxD signal) might not be symmetrical for high baud rates with high loads on the bus.

Please note that if the bit time is smaller than the parameter tOCLIM (please refer to electricals), then no overcurrent is reported nor does an overcurrent shutdown occur. However, the current limitation is always engaged in case of a failure.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos