I am having an issue with using a fresh S12G48 microcontroller, pin 26 (PS1/TX0) appears to be shorted to ground internally, when powering the microcontroller via VDDXRA and VSSXA pins (3.3V) there is a 1.5A current draw and the MCU becomes hot. I am unab

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

I am having an issue with using a fresh S12G48 microcontroller, pin 26 (PS1/TX0) appears to be shorted to ground internally, when powering the microcontroller via VDDXRA and VSSXA pins (3.3V) there is a 1.5A current draw and the MCU becomes hot. I am unab

657 次查看
mihailsjakovlev
Contributor I

I am having an issue with a fresh S12G48 MCU, pin 26 (PS1/TX0) appears to be shorted to ground internally, when powering the microcontroller via VDDXRA and VSSXA pins (3.3V) there is a 1.5A current draw and the MCU becomes hot. I am unable to program the MCU as it is not responding to the BDM programming module. I have tried multiple MCUs from the same batch and they all seem to behave in the same way. Many thanks!

标签 (1)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
回复
1 回复

363 次查看
iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, such behavior is very unusual and that should not happen.

Where did you buy the parts? I hope you did it through authorized distributor network.

Is your HW schematic and layout board correct? Please check the schematic of our TWR-S12G64 tower board and compare it with your design if there is anything wrong.

It would be good if you can have the tower board and replace the micro with one from the batch to check if the MCUs are really bad.

Regards,

iggi

0 项奖励
回复