How to generate an .S2 file and to interface an LCD HELP!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate an .S2 file and to interface an LCD HELP!!!!

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:59 pm

I have an asm file of my code (whatever file extension you want to call it). How do you make it an s2 file to load into my M68EVB912E128 board? I cant even get my old HC11 programs to run properly. Ive never used codewarrior, but just want it to spit out a proper s2 file to load into my MCU. Also, does anyone have a file to cut and past my code into, which has all the registers declared and stuff? I dont know how to c program, just assembly.

Im trying to interface an LCD screen, and having no luck. What pins did you use? I tried connecting to port a and b and sending the necessary signals, but no luck. I have an example program for printing to an LCD using the SPI but I need to know what pins you hook up to what to get it to work with the SPI. If you can help me out at all, that would be fantastic. I bought this 2 line 16 character LCD display with backlight from jaycar. Its got 8 data pins, 1 enable pin (not sure where to put it, assume CLK) VCC GND, R/W Reg. select, contrast.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:14 pm    

Sorry not an HCS12 C person myself but see my post here about LCD screens

Quote:

Have you thought about using one of those Hitachi controlled LCDs? They are like the Defacto standard in small LCD screen controls. check out www.eio.com for cheap screens.

Have you looked at the PSOC from cypress microsystems? There little dev board ($65) with an external serial e squared (+$cheap) is like all you need to develop it. They are also very easy to write in C (the compiler is only like $150! and you can do whatever u want with it) and are pretty much like drag and drop to setup what you want to do. Ex. I want to have an LCD put it on these set of pins. I want to have an EEPROM on these pins. I want to do SCI on these pins. and code like...

Code:
StartLCD(); LocateLCD(0,0); PrintString("Hello World"); 

doesnt get much easier. If you want to stick HCS12 I totally support you, it's just that for some people if learning the HCS12 is difficult it might be better to look at something else for your first few projects.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies