Help! How to 'Add Bean(s) of WR & RD in MC56F8367?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! How to 'Add Bean(s) of WR & RD in MC56F8367?

Jump to solution
ZW
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I am quite new to this Freescale FW development. The very first project i was asked to do is to write a FW of MC56F8367 to control a external memory chip which involved Data Bus (D0-D15), WR, RD and some other control pins. However, when I try to 'Add Beans' in tab 'Processor Expert', i just could not find WR and RD these two IO pins?? How am i supposed to do?

Is there anyone can give me some advice? Many thanks in advance. 

ZW

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

The WR and RD signals are controlled by the internal on-chip bus controller so these pins are not intended to be directly controlled by software. These signals are generated automatically when you read or write the memory area mapped to external space. The chip can also generate one or more  chip-select signal(s) for you,  each assigned to the specified memory area.

The external bus can be configured by using the CPU bean properties within the group 'external bus' .

You can see more details about the address bus operation in the 56F8367 Reference Manual and also in the manual for the evaulation board for this CPU (there is also a schematics for connecting exteral memory).

Processor Expert projects created using File / New.../ Processor Expert stationery already contains a pre-configured CPU bean using external memory for program and data spac (just select 'sdm external memory' under Configurations).

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

The WR and RD signals are controlled by the internal on-chip bus controller so these pins are not intended to be directly controlled by software. These signals are generated automatically when you read or write the memory area mapped to external space. The chip can also generate one or more  chip-select signal(s) for you,  each assigned to the specified memory area.

The external bus can be configured by using the CPU bean properties within the group 'external bus' .

You can see more details about the address bus operation in the 56F8367 Reference Manual and also in the manual for the evaulation board for this CPU (there is also a schematics for connecting exteral memory).

Processor Expert projects created using File / New.../ Processor Expert stationery already contains a pre-configured CPU bean using external memory for program and data spac (just select 'sdm external memory' under Configurations).

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos