cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCF2123 RTC function not mapped to Rapid IoT IDE

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see PCF2123 RTC functions are described in the SDK API, but there is not an object available on the on line IDE.

Is there a plan to implement the RTC object ?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Well, as you mentioned I only see an element for RTC is DS1307, not sure if any plan to add element &demo for PCF2123. I will check with the IOT team.

0 Kudos

cerny
Contributor II

All hands raising in order to add element and demo example for RTC PCF2123.

Reasons

- normal user expectation - all on board parts should be supported for such an eenviroments like Athmosphere

- even OOB demo shows wrong time and app don't allow to setup properly

- example how to handle in simple app would be highly appreciated

It already makes a lot of sense, also please take care about SDK SPI driver availability when user wants to still on MCUXpresso level and NOT to use Athmosphere because of autonomous application.

I like all the approach you already did, want to utilize RapiD Iot kit with well tuned software and low power optimalization in different applications.

Kind Regards

Stanislav 

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was just shown that Atmosphere provide a way to create your own elements, as described here Importing Elements .

On top of that I was told the RTC element is used by the OOB demo somehow - however I do not understand how the code was developed then.

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please let me know what EVK board you mentioned?

0 Kudos

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the rapid iot studio ide on-line

https://rapid-iot-studio.nxp.com/ 

there is no PCF2123 "item"

RPK_ITEMS.PNG

However the functions are available in the MCUXpresso SDK, according to the API SDK user manual

pcf2123.PNG

0 Kudos