cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Rapid IoT Example "display_sensors"

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hello,

When I import "display_sensor" example into MCUXpresso for NXP Rapid IoT I get the following errors:

pastedImage_1.png

I have followed the import instructions as best as possible. I am trying to understand how to use the I2C to interface sensors. But unfortunately, I am not finding a source to learn about it works.

Thank you.

Best,

Alejandro

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Before starting the development in the MCUXpresso IDE, are you sure that you will not need the Rapid IoT studio again in your project ?

There is no way to import it back to the Rapid IoT studio.

Have you tried creating an element in the studio ? That might be easier for your development

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hi Estephania,

I uploaded the compressed project file to github as I cannot upload it here:

https://github.com/AlejandroUT/NXP/display_sensor.zip

In addition, I uninstalled MCUXpresso. There is a newer version available v11.

Thank you,

Best,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

The image and graphic elements are easier to manage in the Rapid IoT studio, please consider that this device has already embedded lots of sensors and functionalities that can help some kind of prototyping to go faster than usual, this device has 2 MCUs, several sensors, secure elements, it is not only one MCU what you are getting with this kits, there are several ways an options you have available to work.

Maybe right now your device it's not supported but there are other with the I2C interface that you can use as a base or even the creation of the element.

You can check this post as well to guide you or even check the hackster.io forum where there are different possibilities for projects an maybe there you might find someone that already created an element for your device

Regads

0 Kudos

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The issue is that when working with my sensor I need other libraries that are dependant on the compiler and the MCU. Then, if i just try to translate directly to Rapid Studio IOT it does not work. That is why I am thinking that if I get the New element work in MCUXPresso with its NewElement.c, NewElement.h, Setup.c, and Abilities.c, then the transition to compile a new EEL using the command line and then importing it into Rapid IOT Studio could be possible.

I am not sure if this approach is good yet as I am working on it.

Thanks,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Just please be sure that you do everything of the Rapid IoT Sutio before adding your own libraries.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hi Estephania,

The Rapid IoT studio does not have the element I need. That IC, the AD5933 (impedance analyzer) has I2C. In order to create a new element for it, AD5933.EEL, the .C and .h files need to be working. This is sort of impossible to do with the IoT Studio. The way I have found is to have the .c and .h files working at MCUXpresso which is the natural compiler for the Kinetis, and when working, try to compile the EEL. As for now, this kit has nothing to do as Rapid or fast for me. I have read the API documentation for the EEL and it does not allow debugging. If there is an error within the IOT Studio, the compiler tells you there is an error, but most of times not where and why. Maybe I should switch to another type of MCU. I really like the form factor of the rapid iot though, it is just not possible and frustrating that not even the hello world example work, not to mention to make the I2C work.

Thank you.

Best,

Alejandro

0 Kudos