cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compile the Rapid IoT Out Of Box Demo

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am following instructions from the rapid IoT user guide ( https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp?render=true  )  to start developing the K64 code using MCUXpresso (I wonder if there is any chance of using IAR instead BTW).

I have imported the SDKs and the "Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo" project, in a workspace created under C:\OOB\

When trying to compile, I get the following error:

19:06:24 **** Build of configuration Debug for project Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo ****
make -r -j4 all
make --no-print-directory pre-build
arm-none-eabi-gcc -E -x c -P -Iinclude "C:/OOB/Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo/MK64FN1M0xxx12_connectivity.lld" -o "C:/OOB/Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo/MK64FN1M0xxx12_connectivity.ld" -DgUseBootloaderLink_d=1 -DgUseInternalStorageLink_d=0 -DgUseNVMLink_d=0 -D__ram_vector_table__=1 -DgNVMSectorCountLink_d=32 -DgEraseNVMLink_d=0

make --no-print-directory main-build
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `C:/middleware/atmosphere/user_buttons/user_buttons.c', needed by `user_buttons/user_buttons.o'.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

19:06:27 Build Finished (took 2s.352ms)

Can anybody help me understanding what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

MM

Labels (1)
8 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

I just checked the process on my setup with latest online files and it is working as expected.

• Did you download the very latest SDK ?

We did update it on Nov 14 to remove the OOB project from it. I suspect you are still using the old one (as to me it looks you imported the OOB application from the SDK)

If the case please download and instal latest SDK. Only Hello World project is available from it.

• Then you should download the Out of Box application code from the Rapid Iot Studio directly as this app is updated almost every month. (Make sure you are importing from file system the unzipped package)

If this is what you already did we need to know more about your configuration:

•    Are you working under Windows or Linux environment ?
0 Kudos

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you Eric,

I am sorry I am not particularly expert with the MCUXpresso flow... I have tried to avoid it until now ( i have mostly been using IAR in the past)!

• Did you download the very latest SDK ?

I just did (from here https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp  ): I have verified the old one I downloaded on the 6th November, so this confirms it probably did not have the latest changes of Nov 14.

If the case please download and instal latest SDK. Only Hello World project is available from it.

maybe I have done again something wrong: after importing into MCUXpresso, and doing "import project into filesystem', selecting the folder of the K64 SDK (\SLN-RPK-NODE-SDK\SDK_2.3.0_RapidIoT_MK64F12), the only project that appears is kboot_k64t. I have tried to compile it, and it still seems to fail with following errors

12:00:32 **** Build of configuration Debug for project kboot_k64f ****
make -r -j4 all
Building file: ../source/usb/msd/disk.c
Building file: ../source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.c
Building file: ../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.c
Building file: ../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DBOOTLOADER -DENABLE_RAM_VECTOR_TABLE=1 -DRAPID_IOT -DSDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=1 -DCR_INTEGER_PRINTF -DPRINTF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=1 -D__SEMIHOST_HARDFAULT_DISABLE=1 -D__MCUXPRESSO -D__USE_CMSIS -DDEBUG -DFSL_RTOS_BM -DSDK_OS_BAREMETAL -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12_cm4 -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12 -D__NEWLIB__ -DBL_BACKUP_APP_START=0x00060000 -DBL_FEATURE_TIMEOUT=0 -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board/MK64F12 -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/log -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/io -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/str -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/drivers -I../../../../../middleware/mmcau -I../../../../../middleware/usb/device -I../../../../../middleware/usb/include -I../../../../../middleware/usb/osa -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src/fsl_usb_disk -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/sensors -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/app_update -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/crc -I../../../../../middleware/wireless/include -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory/src -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/microseconds -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/utilities -I../../../../../CMSIS -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/smc -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/spi_flash -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/targets/MK64F12 -I../source/include -I../source/usb/device/class/msc -I../source/usb/device/class -I../source/usb/msd -I../source/autobaud -I../source/bootloader -I../source/packet -I../source/property -I../source/sbloader -I../source/security -I../source/security/secboot -I../source/security/secboot/inc -I../source -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader -IMK64F12 -O0 -fno-common -g -Wall -c  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -D__NEWLIB__ -MMD -MP -MF"source/usb/msd/disk.d" -MT"source/usb/msd/disk.o" -MT"source/usb/msd/disk.d" -o "source/usb/msd/disk.o" "../source/usb/msd/disk.c"
arm-none-eabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DBOOTLOADER -DENABLE_RAM_VECTOR_TABLE=1 -DRAPID_IOT -DSDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=1 -DCR_INTEGER_PRINTF -DPRINTF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=1 -D__SEMIHOST_HARDFAULT_DISABLE=1 -D__MCUXPRESSO -D__USE_CMSIS -DDEBUG -DFSL_RTOS_BM -DSDK_OS_BAREMETAL -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12_cm4 -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12 -D__NEWLIB__ -DBL_BACKUP_APP_START=0x00060000 -DBL_FEATURE_TIMEOUT=0 -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board/MK64F12 -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/log -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/io -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/str -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/drivers -I../../../../../middleware/mmcau -I../../../../../middleware/usb/device -I../../../../../middleware/usb/include -I../../../../../middleware/usb/osa -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src/fsl_usb_disk -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/sensors -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/app_update -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/crc -I../../../../../middleware/wireless/include -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory/src -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/microseconds -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/utilities -I../../../../../CMSIS -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/smc -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/spi_flash -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/targets/MK64F12 -I../source/include -I../source/usb/device/class/msc -I../source/usb/device/class -I../source/usb/msd -I../source/autobaud -I../source/bootloader -I../source/packet -I../source/property -I../source/sbloader -I../source/security -I../source/security/secboot -I../source/security/secboot/inc -I../source -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader -IMK64F12 -O0 -fno-common -g -Wall -c  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -D__NEWLIB__ -MMD -MP -MF"source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.d" -MT"source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.o" -MT"source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.d" -o "source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.o" "../source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.c"
arm-none-eabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DBOOTLOADER -DENABLE_RAM_VECTOR_TABLE=1 -DRAPID_IOT -DSDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=1 -DCR_INTEGER_PRINTF -DPRINTF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=1 -D__SEMIHOST_HARDFAULT_DISABLE=1 -D__MCUXPRESSO -D__USE_CMSIS -DDEBUG -DFSL_RTOS_BM -DSDK_OS_BAREMETAL -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12_cm4 -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12 -D__NEWLIB__ -DBL_BACKUP_APP_START=0x00060000 -DBL_FEATURE_TIMEOUT=0 -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board/MK64F12 -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/log -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/io -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/str -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/drivers -I../../../../../middleware/mmcau -I../../../../../middleware/usb/device -I../../../../../middleware/usb/include -I../../../../../middleware/usb/osa -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src/fsl_usb_disk -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/sensors -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/app_update -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/crc -I../../../../../middleware/wireless/include -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory/src -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/microseconds -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/utilities -I../../../../../CMSIS -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/smc -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/spi_flash -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/targets/MK64F12 -I../source/include -I../source/usb/device/class/msc -I../source/usb/device/class -I../source/usb/msd -I../source/autobaud -I../source/bootloader -I../source/packet -I../source/property -I../source/sbloader -I../source/security -I../source/security/secboot -I../source/security/secboot/inc -I../source -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader -IMK64F12 -O0 -fno-common -g -Wall -c  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -D__NEWLIB__ -MMD -MP -MF"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.d" -MT"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.o" -MT"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.d" -o "source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.o" "../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.c"
arm-none-eabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DBOOTLOADER -DENABLE_RAM_VECTOR_TABLE=1 -DRAPID_IOT -DSDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=1 -DCR_INTEGER_PRINTF -DPRINTF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=1 -D__SEMIHOST_HARDFAULT_DISABLE=1 -D__MCUXPRESSO -D__USE_CMSIS -DDEBUG -DFSL_RTOS_BM -DSDK_OS_BAREMETAL -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12_cm4 -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12 -D__NEWLIB__ -DBL_BACKUP_APP_START=0x00060000 -DBL_FEATURE_TIMEOUT=0 -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board/MK64F12 -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/log -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/io -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/utilities/str -I../../../../../devices/MK64F12/drivers -I../../../../../middleware/mmcau -I../../../../../middleware/usb/device -I../../../../../middleware/usb/include -I../../../../../middleware/usb/osa -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src -I../../../../../middleware/fatfs/src/fsl_usb_disk -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/sensors -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/board -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/app_update -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/crc -I../../../../../middleware/wireless/include -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/memory/src -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/microseconds -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/utilities -I../../../../../CMSIS -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader/smc -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/spi_flash -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/targets/MK64F12 -I../source/include -I../source/usb/device/class/msc -I../source/usb/device/class -I../source/usb/msd -I../source/autobaud -I../source/bootloader -I../source/packet -I../source/property -I../source/sbloader -I../source/security -I../source/security/secboot -I../source/security/secboot/inc -I../source -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot -I../../../../../middleware/rapid_iot/bootloader -IMK64F12 -O0 -fno-common -g -Wall -c  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -D__NEWLIB__ -MMD -MP -MF"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.d" -MT"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.o" -MT"source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.d" -o "source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.o" "../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.c"
../source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.c:36:10: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
 #include "usb.h"
          ^~~~~~~
../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.c:36:10: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
 #include "usb.h"
          ^~~~~~~
../source/usb/msd/disk.c:36:10: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
 #include "usb.h"
          ^~~~~~~
../source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.c:36:10: fatal error: usb.h: No such file or directory
 #include "usb.h"
          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
make: *** [source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc_ufi.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [source/usb/msd/usb_device_descriptor.o] Error 1
make: *** [source/usb/msd/disk.o] Error 1
make: *** [source/usb/device/class/msc/usb_device_msc.o] Error 1

12:00:47 Build Finished (took 14s.699ms)

Then you should download the Out of Box application code from the Rapid Iot Studio

Could you provide a link from where I should do that ? It sounds like it should be straigthforward, but ... it is not (at least for me) !

Are you working under Windows or Linux environment ?

I am using my work pc with Windows 10. Would there be any advantage in usign a linux machine ? Woudl it make sense to set up a virtual machine with a linux system ?

Thank you for the support.

Regards,

MM

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  • maybe I have done again something wrong: after importing into MCUXpresso, and doing "import project into filesystem', selecting the folder of the K64 SDK (\SLN-RPK-NODE-SDK\SDK_2.3.0_RapidIoT_MK64F12), the only project that appears is kboot_k64t.

When importing SDK into MCUXpresso, the hello world project should be imported using "Import SDK example(s)" option.

pastedImage_15.png

• Could you provide a link from where I should do that?

https://rapid-iot-studio.nxp.com/ 

1. Open Rapid-IoT Out Of Box Demo, cf paragraph 2.2.2 of the Rapid-IoT user guide
  2. Compile it

pastedImage_5.png   3. Then download it

pastedImage_6.png

The archive will contain the project. Extract it into the hard drive, then use "Import project(s) from file system" and find the root directory. Make sure to Untick "Copy project into Workspace" option.

• Would there be any advantage in using a Linux machine? Would it make sense to set up a virtual machine with a Linux system?

No different behavior using Linux. We just recently fixed an issue for Linux users related to path management in Linux, but you are not impacted on Windows 10.

Theophile,

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for the help.

I have tried to follow the instructions, and indeed got the hello world out of the SDK, but this still does not compile - see the attached error log.

It seems I am probably doing something silly... theophileleroy‌ maybe would you be available for a shared desktop session with skype sometimes ? It feels it might speed up things consistently.

I am sorry for bothering you!

Regards,
MM

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This one is a known issue, you have to follow the instructions in User Guide at paragraph:

4.3.2.3. Import the Hello World project for Rapid IoT.

Make sure to untick:

- "Redirect SDK printf to C library"

- "Include Semihost HardFault handler"

Make sure to tick:

-"Redlib: Use floating point version of printf"

pastedImage_3.png

Please mark the answer as helpful if this solves your issue,

Theophile,

marcomerlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you, I got it compiling that way!