cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 reference design

hemanttiwari199
Contributor III

Hi,

Currently i am designing the board based on T2081 from NXP, and for that i am referring the reference design of T2080 provided by NXP.

Along with this query i am attaching the image. Can you tell me the use of this reset configuration?

Also, i am designing the board depending on the specific application, how i can remove the manual switch?

Thanks in Advance

Hemant

0 Kudos
7 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Can you tell me the use of this reset configuration?

Please refer to the QorIQ T2080 Reference Design Board (T2080RDB-PC) Quick Start, Table 5. Switch description.

> how i can remove the manual switch?

Please refer to the QorIQ T2080 Data Sheet, Table 1. Pinout list by bus, Note 4:

"This pin is a reset configuration pin. It has a weak (~20 kΩ) internal pull-up P-FET that is enabled only when the device is in its reset state. This pull-up is designed to be overpowered by an external 4.7 kΩ resistor. If the signal is intended to be high after reset, and if there is any device on the net that might pull down the value of the net at reset, a pull-up or active driver is needed."

0 Kudos

hemanttiwari199
Contributor III

Thank you for the prompt response.
I have just done through the document suggested by you. My understanding are as follows:

In my design i am not using NAND Flash and SD card. So in order to remove the manual switch, i think via software i can fixed
the status of the Pin (IFC AD9, AD10, and so on) either to high or low so that i can achieve the booting functionality via NOR flash or
SPI Flash.

Please correct me if i have missed any point.

Regards
Hemant

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your understanding is correct.

0 Kudos

hemanttiwari199
Contributor III

Hi,

Below i am enclosing the t2080 reset configuration. please check and let me know whether attached circuit design work with software switching instead of mechanical switching to select the boot device i.e. ( NOR Flash or SPI Flash)?

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> whether attached circuit design work with software switching

What do you mean?

I see that all configuration signals are pulled low - i.e. this configuration is invalid.

0 Kudos

hemanttiwari199
Contributor III

So can you tell me the correct way to configure the signals?

do you have any reference design to configure the same?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the QorIQ T2080 Data Sheet, Table 1. Pinout list by bus, Note 4:

"This pin is a reset configuration pin. It has a weak (~20 kΩ) internal pull-up P-FET that is enabled only when the device is in its reset state. This pull-up is designed to be overpowered by an external 4.7 kΩ resistor. If the signal is intended to be high after reset, and if there is any device on the net that might pull down the value of the net at reset, a pull-up or active driver is needed."

The RDB board is the reference.

0 Kudos