cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 SERDES sRIO (RapidIO) loopback on T2080 RDB

Jump to solution
jameshorton
Contributor II

I'm trying to do a NetcommSW basic_rm_usecase on a T2080 RDB. sRIO escsr has a 0x00000001 in it so my SERDES loopback doesn't appear to satisfy that register? Or is it more likely I've done something wrong with the loopback in the SERDES?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James Horton,

From the RapidIO Interconnect Specification, I think two endpoint directly connection are possible. In specification part 3: Common Transport Specification, Section 2.2 Systemm Topology, there are switch based system and ring based systems as well.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

Regars

Lunmin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James Horton,

This means ports not initialized. What's your Serdes configuration for the loopback?

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos
jameshorton
Contributor II

First I believe I had problems with my RCW HOST_AGT and RESPOND_ONLY. I've moved on to connecting two T2080 endpoints and I have a escsr of 0x00000002 which as you of course means I have a good link with no errors.

I haven't succeeded in moving any data across sRIO yet.

Are two T2080 endpoints without any switches a valid configuration? I'm looking over the rapidio spec and all the models have switches in them.

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James Horton,

From the RapidIO Interconnect Specification, I think two endpoint directly connection are possible. In specification part 3: Common Transport Specification, Section 2.2 Systemm Topology, there are switch based system and ring based systems as well.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

Regars

Lunmin

0 Kudos