cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Validation using Codewarrior Debug ls1021a standalone

jiye
Contributor V

Hi,

I have a customized ls1021a, an external SD card breakout which I hard strap the cfg source pins to the SD as the boot source. I could not detect any activity from my serial console which was connecting the UART1 (default serial pins by the uboot) from the CPU to the FTDI interface.

So then I performed a debug using Codewarrior. I am able to establish the communication between the CPU and the codewarrior via JTAG interface.

pastedImage_1.png

But the thing is how do I know if the internal ROM instructs the DDR to copy some of the image into the DDR from the boot source (SD card). What is the address in the memory mapping to save those data of the SD card so that I can ensure the image is copied to the DDR.

(edited)

(2) I have the access into the my board now from serial console but it shows 1 GB of DDR but I have 4 GB DDR what is the issue here ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Elias Bitbaker,

According to the disassembly code fetched from the target board, the instructions located in DDR memory are executing.

Please refer to U-Boot Debug using CodeWarrior for QorIQ LS series – ARM V7 ISA .

After attaching to the target board, please reset the target board from CodeWarrior, set hardware breakpoint at _start, using Debugger Shell command "bp -hw _start", then type "go" command, the breakpoint will be hit and u-boot debugging can be performed from _start.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

can you also answer my question (2) as well?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos