cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About 9131 Operating System

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working with bsc9131 and I find that there is no Operating System inside,where can I find the OS and how can I use u-boot to flash Linux for PowerPC and SmartOS for DSP?Are there any Demos?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

michelle
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hi

This all depends on what you are trying to do.  Software you should have:

1.  Linux WUSDK 1.3 or 1.6 (this depends on L1 software you may want to use)  "Wireless SDK", this is not the same as the standard SDK 2.0 release train which "supports" 9131.  WUSDK contains uboot and a Linux kernel/rootfs.  These are older versions than what is in the standard SDK release train.  The Standard SDK supports 9131 as if it were a P1010 device, no DSP, no IPC, no RF utiltity to drive the RF module...  WUSDK has the IPC, DSP boot, and RF utility components integrated and tested/validated.  I don't see it available on our public website so this may be an on request item also.  WUSDK contains example code for DSP boot and IPC test cases also, though the DSP code is binary only.

2.  LTE L1 Software package (contact local sales person, this is licensed/paid for software only).  This contains our L1 software for LTE FDD standard, A specific version of SDOS is integrated into this.  This is separate from the WUSDK.

For Debugging:

1.  PA:  CW for Power Architecture 5.1 should work

2.  DSP:  CW for Starcore 10.7.2 (this includes SDOS source and demo code)

Keep in mind BSC9131 has an e500 Power Architecture core and a SC3850 Starcore DSP.  There is no ARM processor on that SoC so anything targetting AARCH64 or CortexA7 would not make sense.

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

You can find Recommended Software & Tools on the BSC9131 page.

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/power-architecture-processors/qoriq-qonv...

For example there is link to BSC9131RDB board page where you can find download link for BSC9131RDB BSP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,I've accepted the software product in my account,but there are many items and I don't know which feats for powerpc in bsc9131,for example the Cache: QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 AARCH64 Yocto and the Cache: QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 CORTEXA7 Yocto,what are the diferences?

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Thanks,

from the page I just find the SmartDSP OS,where is the Linux BSP?And where can I find the latest WUSDK?I just find the

WUSDK release 1.3

0 Kudos