cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from k60 to k66

Jump to solution
TJ
Contributor II

Our company is evaluating upgrading from MK60FN1M0VLQ12 to MK66FN2M0VLQ18 and I was reading this document

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/K66P144M180SF5V2.pdf 

The document states " These devices maintain hardware and software compatibility with the existing Kinetis family." does that mean that the bootloader for MK60FN1M0VLQ12 would work for MK66FN2M0VLQ18 ?

Could someone please help me out here, I do not know who else to ask!

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi TJ,

No. You may need to compare the difference of memory map between two MCU.
In fact you can direct download the latest MCUBOOT for MK66FN2M0xxx18.

MCUBOOT MK66FN2M0VLQ18.png
The documents can be found in it's folder.(...\MK66FN2M0xxx18\middleware\mcu-boot\doc)

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi TJ,

No. You may need to compare the difference of memory map between two MCU.
In fact you can direct download the latest MCUBOOT for MK66FN2M0xxx18.

MCUBOOT MK66FN2M0VLQ18.png
The documents can be found in it's folder.(...\MK66FN2M0xxx18\middleware\mcu-boot\doc)

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

TJ
Contributor II

Thank you very much Robin for the reply! Much appreciated.

0 Kudos