Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MK66FX1M0VMD18 support in PE

Jump to solution
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi

I am creating a project for MK66FX1M0VMD18 from scratch using KDS 3.0 and PE.

I am running the new project wizard (File -> New -> Kinetis Project ...) and select the processor:

pastedImage_1.png

Then I select KSDK and PE:

pastedImage_2.png

I select Finish and PE genrates code. Then I have to change to the correct processor package, the default is QFP, I am using MAPBGA

Default:

pastedImage_3.png

Is changed to:

pastedImage_4.png

Then the problems starts. PE complains about problems in pin muxing and ask if I want to switch to MK66FN2.... However this is the 2MByte part I am using the 1MByte part!

(In addition and N instead of X in part number, don't remember the meaning of that just now but not correct anyway))

pastedImage_6.png

If I do the switch anyway I end up with the following error, probably becauce I have selected the 1MByte variant, but PE insists on using the 2MByte variant for some tests.

pastedImage_7.png

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have reproduced the issue and I have also reported the defect to Processor Expert development team.

You can use the following workaround:

When you create a new MK66FX1M0 project, navigate to Component Library and select MK66FX1M0x:

pastedImage_0.png

Select the 144-pins MAPBGA package

pastedImage_1.png

Click on the Finish button. The MK66FX1M0VMD18 CPUs are added and no error is reported (when the configuration is switched in PinSettings).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have reproduced the issue and I have also reported the defect to Processor Expert development team.

You can use the following workaround:

When you create a new MK66FX1M0 project, navigate to Component Library and select MK66FX1M0x:

pastedImage_0.png

Select the 144-pins MAPBGA package

pastedImage_1.png

Click on the Finish button. The MK66FX1M0VMD18 CPUs are added and no error is reported (when the configuration is switched in PinSettings).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi Marek. I have tried the workaround and it worked. Thanks so mutch

0 Kudos