表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

PE components are created but do not show up in CW10

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,570件の閲覧回数
quevedo
Contributor V

Hello,

I am moving to CW10, and I am trying to create a new project from scratch for the TWR-MECH board (target processor MCF52259). I want to use Processor Expert (PE). My CodeWarrior is Version 10.1, Build Id 110726, Special Edition. During the "create new project" wizard, I selected the bare target processor, not any of the option for tower boards.

I selected a PE component (PWM Component) at the Components Library pane, then I clicked on it with the right button, and selected "Add to project" option. However, the PWM component did not show up at the Project Panel (and I cannot see any "Embedded Components" folder inside the project either). My first thought was that I did not select the Add option correctly, so I tried that again. No changes. The CPU component  also does not show up right after the new project wizard finished, as it happened in previous versions of CW.

So I tried to click on the "Generate Processor Expert Project" button at the Project Panel. I get an error message stating that there is some error. Looking at the Problems tab, I find errors related to PWM1 and PWM2 components. When I double-click on one of these messages, the Component Inspector pane is loaded with the config options of the PWM component, showing the errors: unassigned timings for period and starting pulse width. it means that the components were created, but do not show up in the Project Panel.

I right-clicked at the project panel and chose Refresh to see what happened. Nothing.

I suppose it has something to do with the CW configuration. I can configure any components that are not fully configured when created (because of the errors), but after configured i cannot access them anymore.

How can I fix it? Just a reminder, the installation is brand new, I did not alter any default configs. I also tried the same install in 2 computers (one running WinXP and the other on Windows 7).

Thanks in advance

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
1,266件の閲覧回数
quevedo
Contributor V

You are right. I could not find the Embedded Components folder because it is within the "Processor Expert.pe" element. The icon for this looks like a text file, thus I did not notice the "+" sign that allowed me to expand that element. Now I can see all PE components, PWMs and CPU.

Thanks!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)
1,266件の閲覧回数
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

It seems you have overlooked “Embedded Component” folder on the project panel. You should unfold this folder to show all components in the project. I have also tried to add the PWM component to the M52559 PE project in CW V10.1 (B110726) and I have not encountered any problem.

Below, you can find steps how to properly add a new component to the project in eclipse:

1. Make a focus on the project where you want add a component (e.g. click on the CPU component).
  2. Go to the “Components Library” and add a component by double clicking on it or using appropriate menu command from selected component´s pop-menu.
  3. Unfold Embedded Components folder.

For more details please see enclosed scren-shot.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,267件の閲覧回数
quevedo
Contributor V

You are right. I could not find the Embedded Components folder because it is within the "Processor Expert.pe" element. The icon for this looks like a text file, thus I did not notice the "+" sign that allowed me to expand that element. Now I can see all PE components, PWMs and CPU.

Thanks!

0 件の賞賛
返信