NFC_LDD splitting page into virtual too early?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC_LDD splitting page into virtual too early?

Jump to solution
bowerymarc
Contributor V

I have two 16Gb, x16 Nand flash on my board and I'm setting up NFC_LDD to address the first one (since it doesn't yet support multiple chip selects).  The part has 2K + 112 pages.  The NFC_LDD is splitting this into two virtual pages.  But reading the K20P144M120SF3 manual, section 32.3.12, seems to say that virtual paging shouldn't start until the page size is >2K.  I believe they mean the page size and not adding the spare area:

"For devices with pages of 2KB and smaller, this is the physical size of the page in bytes (data bytes + ECC bytes) transferred in one page. When pages are larger than 2KB, they must be split in multiple virtual pages. In this case, the sector size is the size of the virtual page. The virtual page size is the physical size divided by the splitting factor, NFC_CFG[PAGECNT]. "

So I'm wondering, is NFC_LDD splitting this too early?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please find attached the hot-fix for this issue. After applying it "Virtual page count" will provide correct value.

We are sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bowerymarc
Contributor V

is this hotfix incorporated into CW_10.5?

thx

M

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the fix of this issue will be published within CW V10.6, however I can provide hot-fix for Cw V10.5 too if it would be helpful for you.

Please let me know.

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

yes i'm working on it now thanks! hotfix would be great....

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have uploaded the updated hot-fix to this thread: Re: Re: NFC_LDD ECC asking for too many bytes?

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please find attached the hot-fix for this issue. After applying it "Virtual page count" will provide correct value.

We are sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos