cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK24FN256 missing in processor expert

Jump to solution
jensmadsen
Contributor I

I have downloaded download Driver Suite v10.4, but it does not seem to support MK24FN256 cpu. The CPU is used in TWR-K24F120M. I am not able to find any processor expert support for it. Only MK24FN1M0 is shown in processor expert. I use KDS 3.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jens,

Yes, the Processor Expert don't support the chip of MK24FN256, for the Processor Expert

won't support new products. For kinetis , we suggest to use KSDK(the new name is MCUXpresso SDK).

Now there are two methods to develop it on KDS:

1) Install KSDKv1.3 on KDS, it  support it's own Processor Expert, about the download and install

please refer to the KDS_Users_Guide.pdf ->Installing Kinestis SDK.

2) The new version of KSDK is KSDKv2.x (MCUXpresso SDK), it didn't support Processor Expert, while there is

MCUXpresso configure tools , also I recommend you use this version, for the new products will

all be supported . About the detail please check MCUXpresso Software and Tools for ARM® Cortex®-M cores|NXP 

And about how to use KSDKv2.x(MCUXpresso SDK) on KDS , please refer to :

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jens,

Yes, the Processor Expert don't support the chip of MK24FN256, for the Processor Expert

won't support new products. For kinetis , we suggest to use KSDK(the new name is MCUXpresso SDK).

Now there are two methods to develop it on KDS:

1) Install KSDKv1.3 on KDS, it  support it's own Processor Expert, about the download and install

please refer to the KDS_Users_Guide.pdf ->Installing Kinestis SDK.

2) The new version of KSDK is KSDKv2.x (MCUXpresso SDK), it didn't support Processor Expert, while there is

MCUXpresso configure tools , also I recommend you use this version, for the new products will

all be supported . About the detail please check MCUXpresso Software and Tools for ARM® Cortex®-M cores|NXP 

And about how to use KSDKv2.x(MCUXpresso SDK) on KDS , please refer to :

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
carloshass
Contributor II

Alice,

In Procesor Expert supports https://www.nxp.com/part/MK22FX512VLL12, but now, it's under "Not Recommended for New Designs" and was substituted by MK22FX512AVLL12 (not supported by PEX).

There´s anything i can do to not lost our project in KDS with PEX ?

Regards,

CH

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos,

If your project is new, you can choose MCUXpresso IDE,

MCUXpresso IDE|NXP   

it  also can configure  peripherals, while it is not the same with PEx.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

I think you can also develop  MK22FX512AVLL12 using  MK22FX512VLL12 option on PEx.

For the "A" just a Revision , you can have a look at the Data Sheet :

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos