How do you remove fsl_debug_console from PEx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove fsl_debug_console from PEx?

Jump to solution
dave408
Senior Contributor II

I'm currently using a MK22FN128VLL10 and don't need fsl_debug_console.  If I remove the component, then I get an error in the OSA component:

pastedImage_0.png

What do I need to do to remove it?

I could avoid having to do this if I knew which library owns the DbgConsole_Init() function, but that's another post...  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi dave,

yes, you can enable/disable printf definition in code, but processor expert still requires enable DbgCs1(there is no pe interface to have it disabled.)

you would summit a case to nxp support team for feature request.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:
1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.
2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.
3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.
4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.
5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello dave,

Does you use the "MQX Lite "  OS ? If yes,  fsl_debug_console is the essential part ,

so i think it can not delete .

And if you use the MQX Standard , you can delete the component , then only configure one UART to print.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alice, yes, I'm using MQX Lite.  Couldn't FSL (NXP) change the KSDK so that fsl_debug_console isn't required?  What *must* be printed?  I would think that a preprocessor definition would be useful for this, in addition to removing the requirement from the PEx component inspector.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi dave,

this is because MQX lite uses debug_console generated functions.

for example, when we use printf, it acctually called debug_printf which is defined in debug_console component.

pastedImage_0.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jennie, I just went back to my project to do some other testing, and found that adding "BSPCFG_ENABLE_IO_SUBSYSTEM=1" to the C precompiler settings didn't help.  Processor Expert still requires that DbgCs1 be enabled, so it looks like I cannot get around this.  I think my only option is to still include the minimum necessary C files from the KSDK to allow compilation to continue.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi dave,

yes, you can enable/disable printf definition in code, but processor expert still requires enable DbgCs1(there is no pe interface to have it disabled.)

you would summit a case to nxp support team for feature request.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:
1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.
2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.
3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.
4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.
5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Jennie.  I think I'll do that.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi  Dave.

You are welcome!

best regards,

Jennie.

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

That might help.  I'll try to disable debug_printf with BSPCFG_ENABLE_IO_SUBSYSTEM.  The question now is whether or not Processor Expert will still flag that as an error.  Hopefully the error generation is dynamic, meaning that PE takes into account the current project settings to determine what constitutes an error.  Thank you!

0 Kudos