Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in code generated by PE

Jump to solution
lowks
Contributor III

Hi,

I noticed that when I am using the MQX3.7 BSP for K60 demo on the CW10.1 SE version, when I try to create a UART0 connection, I realised that when I unclick the option "enabled in init code", the following lines do not appear in the code:

UART_PDD_SetBaudRateFineAdjust(UART0_BASE_PTR, 1u); /* Set baud rate fine adjust */
  UART_PDD_SetBaudRate(UART0_BASE_PTR, 26U); /* Set the baud rate register. */

And the baud rate is not set at all anywhere when the option is disabled for enabling in init code. Is this an error or the initialization is done some where else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

The problem has been fixed within Update #2 V1.0.1 for CW MCU V10.1

To download the update please follow this link: Update #2 V1.0.1

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lowks
Contributor III

no one from freescale want to comment on this?

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello
I have reproduced the probem. It is a bug in Processor Expert, initialization of baud rate registers must be in Init() or in Enable() (for more enabled speed modes) methods. The error will be fixed in next CodeWarrior release.
For now, please use one of the following workarounds:

a) Without using SelectBaudRate() method:
  1. Set “Enabled in init. Code”property to “yes”.
  2. Copy lines with values for baud rate registers (PDD macros) from AS_Init() method and place it behind AS_Init(UserDataPtr); method call.  
  3. Set “Enabled in init. Code” property to “no

Code example:
#include "UART_PDD.h"

…
  DeviceDataPtr = AS_Init(UserDataPtr);
  UART_PDD_SetBaudRateFineAdjust(UARTn_BASE_PTR, 12U);  // Set baud rate fine adjust, where “n” is number of serial device (0..n)
  UART_PDD_SetBaudRate(UARTn_BASE_PTR, 11U);  // Set the baud rate register, where “n” is number of serial device(0..n)
  …
  (void) AS_Enable(DeviceDataPtr);  // Enable serial device, now is possible use serial port for Rx/Tx with right baud rate.
  …

b) With using SelectBaudRate() method:
It is possible to initialize baud rate register throught SelectBaudRate() method anytime. This method is enabled, if user specifies list of baud rate value in timing dialog in component inspector.

1. Open timing dialog for the "Baud rate" property
  2. Select "list of values" mode
  3. Enter at least two different values (init value would be your needed value)
  4. Please SelectBaudRate() using initial value (valued with index 0) after the AS_Init call.

Code example:
  …
  DeviceDataPtr = AS_Init(UserDataPtr);
  (void)AS1_SelectBaudRate(DeviceDataPtr, 0U);  // initialize settings of baud rate register, baud rate list index 0
  …
  (void) AS_Enable(DeviceDataPtr);  // Enable serial device, now is possible use serial port for Rx/Tx with right baud rate.
  …

Best regards
Jiri Rezler

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

The problem has been fixed within Update #2 V1.0.1 for CW MCU V10.1

To download the update please follow this link: Update #2 V1.0.1

best regards
Vojtech Filip