cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure the FlexBus peripheral

Jump to solution
pozz
Contributor III

I'm using Processor Expert Software - Microcontrollers Driver Suite 5.3 installed on Eclipse 3.6.2.

I'm configuring a K60 microcontroller with all components I will use on my board: Ethernet, ADC, DAC, and so on. Now I have encountered some difficulties with FlexBus peripheral. How can I add it in my PE project? I couldn't find FlexBus among Components Library?

Is a FlexBus example PE project available?

1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunatelly there is no example project for the FlexBus. The settings for FlexBus are available as properties inside the CPU component. 

You need to:

- enable and unfold the External Bus property group and enable and configure chip selec with timing, address/data bus pins etc. inside this group to match the memory or device on the flexbus

- Add external memory block using '+' button inExternal memory property line and configure Start address, Memory size and type.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunatelly there is no example project for the FlexBus. The settings for FlexBus are available as properties inside the CPU component. 

You need to:

- enable and unfold the External Bus property group and enable and configure chip selec with timing, address/data bus pins etc. inside this group to match the memory or device on the flexbus

- Add external memory block using '+' button inExternal memory property line and configure Start address, Memory size and type.

best regards
Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
pozz
Contributor III
ProcessorExpert wrote:

You need to:

I tried to enable the External Bus property group of MK60DN512ZVLQ10, but I couldn't. It seems the property can't be enabled and appears in gray color.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi, 

I have tried on windows 7 and it seems to work there as well.

Are you sure it doesn't work on your system? Please try to click first in the middle of the property in the inspector and then use drop-down list (please see the attached screenshot). If it won't help, please post more details on your system and a sample project having the problem, if possible.

best regards
Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
pozz
Contributor III

Dear Petr,

thank you for your reply. The problem was I added MQX operating system and it seems the FlexBus can't be enabled with MQX.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Yes, now I see. It is correct, there is the limitation for FlexBus when MQX is used because MQX takes care for the FlexBus in it's own code. If you need some change in FlexBus handling, you need to change MQX code/settings.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support and Servicepacks Team

0 Kudos
jvasil
Contributor III

Can you explain what you mean by "you need to change MQX code/settings"?  We need to use FlexBus to drive a display and are planning to use MQX-Lite.  Under the MQX1 component I don't see any settings that look like they are related to the external bus.  Also, under the processor (MK64FN1M0VLQ12), I don't see anything that looks like an "External Bus property group" so I'm assuming that the statement "MQX takes care for[sic] the FlexBus in it's own code" is also true for MQX Lite--can anyone confirm this?

We just need to read/write the display (although we may want to use DMA eventually) so maybe all we have to do is to know how to map the FB to some known location in the processor's memory space??

Finally, how does the "Init_FB" component come into play?  Should this NOT be used if we're using MQX Lite?

Thanks!

p.s. Using PE 10.3.0

0 Kudos