cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.1 - Connecting to Processor Expert Service

v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello All,

Can someone help me understand what is happening in CW10.1 when it is constantly connecting to the Processor Expert Service? 

I only ask becuase I get a lot of failed to connect errors and it will even lock up CW10.1 fairly often. I have attached a screen shot of what I see.

Specifics:

Win 7 32bit SP1

CW10.1 SE

MC9S08AW16 is the target

When it works I don't have any issues but for unknown reasons I can load CW the next day and it won't work no matter what I try.  Then the next day it works just fine.

Just trying to understand what the service is and where it resides so I can correct this problem.

8 Replies

jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

I'm reviewing all the threads as we move from the old forums into the new community.

I'd like to point out that the entire client/server mechanism has gone away, and this is no longer an issue. Processor Expert is still a separate entity from CodeWarrior tools, and is integrated into the tools. So when you call upon Processor Expert services for the first time, it does need to launch, and there is latency/delay when that happens. But this kind of problem is no longer with us.

v_dave
Contributor IV

I installed 10.2 and I noticed this issue seemed to go away.  I thought maybe it was an install issue or a file corruption issue and doing the upgraded to 10.2 just "fixed it."  Now I know it was an internal change to the way the pieces interact.

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the thing is that in MCU10.2 there is no such external Processor Expert service any more. Everything is now running in Eclipse. That's why you do not see the problem any more.

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello

Processor Expert in the CodeWarrior MCU is implemented as server-client application. Processor expert server is started automatically with the CodeWarrior MCU, it is possible see it in the windows task manager as PEsrv.exe process.
Could you please check that the PEsrv.exe process in windows task manager is not already running before starting CodeWarriror and is running after CodeWarriror starts?

Best regards
Jiri Rezler
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

No I do not see PEsrv running in the process list nor in the Services list after I start CW10.1.  I do see PEEclservice.exe running after I start CW10.1

I tried to run the service install.bat found in the processor expert folder but that just makes CW10.1 crash.

Could the issue be license related?  I installed the software but did not register it right away and when I open the license dialog box it is empty and the buttons to register is grayed out.  My company has a Codewarrior suite license so I opened a SR (#1-754594861) to try and get a license file.  I opened it yesterday and it is still unassigned.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

v_dave
Contributor IV

OK, I got my license issue resolved and that did not seem to fix the problem.

When I first boot my PC only the PEEclService.exe is running in the process list.  When I run CW10.1 I never see PEsrv.exe show up in the process list.

I have tried to run PEsrv.exe manually and I see it show up in the process list but tha still does not seem to fix the issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this or do I need to submit an SR ticket?

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello

PEEclService.exe  is used  for running Processor Expert plugin in Eclipse under a Linux distribution (in current time PE server doesn’t work under linux OS, PE server must running under a Windows OS, PE plugin in Eclipse under linux is connected to the PE server on Windows PC).

When is used PE plugin in Eclipse under windows OS, PEsrv.exe server is used and automatically started for a PE project.

Configuration of PE service is possible get of Eclipse: Window->Preferences->Processor expert->Processor expert services. Could you please check this settings (please find attached screenshot of default settings Processor Expert services)?
Do you use any additional windows firewall?

Best regards
JiriRezler
Processor Expert Team

0 Kudos

v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello,

I checked and yes that is how my CW10.1 is configured.

I have attached a screen shot showing the configuration with the Task manager window that shows the incorrect service running. 

What is intersting is after I exit CW10.1 then I see PESrv.exe pop up in the task manager.

So I tried to restart CW10.1 thinking maybe it will connect with the service but now it hangs when I try to do anything that uses Processor expert (such as change a setting in a Bean).

0 Kudos