cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check jtag clock speed

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

Hai, 

We are using the code warrior 9.2 we are getting the error when we connect the target through JTAG . Its showing the error please check your jtag clock speed . we checked for the Debug Version Settings->Remote Debug->Edit Connection->Use JTAG Configuration file but we didn't find jtag configuration file  in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\ . can you please help us in this regards  

Best regards 

Maheshwar.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

JTAG clock speed is configured in:

Edit - Preferences - Remote connections - (select your debug probe from list) - Change

Checkbox "Use JTAG configuration file" and file below - is not related to JTAG speed, it configures JTAG chain configuration - how many items you have in chain, and its JTAG register length. If you have only one processor in JTAG chain, this checkbox is not necessary.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

Hai ,

We changed the JTAG clock speed also but when we connect to the target it giving the error as please check your jtag clock speed.

We have one single processor the JTAG chain is necessary or not.We didn't find the jtag chain in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files. How to remove that Please check your jtag clock speed error.

Thank you 

Best regards 

Maheshwar.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you do not have any JTAG chain, but only one processor connected directly to debug probe via JTAG pins, than you do not need to configure JTAG chain.

Error message "please check JTAG clock speed" may mean the processor does not respond to JTAG, for example core is not active. Which processor you are trying to debug?

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

Hai,

We are using the processor MPC5125 Tower module ,but we are getting the error in the ccs log which is attached below .

Thank you

Best regards

MaheshwarScreenshot (19).png

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not sure if PowerQUICC community is a proper place to ask questions regarding MPC5125, term "PowerQUICC" means MPC8xxx devices.

Looking to your log, I see "USB open failure" error. Please search through this community by this error string, I think this should be discussed already, or you may ask the question in CodeWarrior support community:

https://community.nxp.com/community/codewarrior/classic

0 Kudos