Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Emulation Exception

Jump to solution
phani
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am getting the Software Emulation Exception exception while executing the code in MPC860T am using the code warrior 8.1.am getting the exception when ever i start executing from __start am getting exception while executing

mr r14,argc

mr r15,argv

mr r16,envp

If there is any mistake in the __start file plese let me know.

Original Attachment has been moved to: __start.c.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The root cause of this problem is in some sensitive registers corrupted during initial device initialization before entering this __start subroutine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ravadasrikanth3
Contributor I

Hi phaneesh,

we are also facing the same issue software emulation exception can you suggest how to solve the issue and the configuration file looks same as you were used with 66Mhz.

suggest us whether I need to change any heap, stack and data address or I should untick any exception.

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The root cause of this problem is in some sensitive registers corrupted during initial device initialization before entering this __start subroutine.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check in Mixed mode after Download first if your memory content is ok.

If you just look at the source view, you may not see the full picture.