cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE Microcode download problem

Jump to solution
00lirui
Contributor I

I made a board according to MPC8306SOM , and download the uboot.bin. The QE can't work and hangs at "Net:". I found the problem is caused by the lack of QE ROM ,so I must download the qe firmware to flash , However I can't find the proper version of mpc8306 qe from websit "http://opensource.freescale.com/firmware/",and don't know which address of flash to be download,The address was defined in the mpc8306som.h ,"#define CONFIG_SYS_QE_FW_ADDR   0xFE7E0000" . Should I download firmware at  0xfff00000 address?  the start address of flash is 0xff800000.

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, uboot binary image does not contain microcode image, microcode image should be programmed to specified location in flash, as described in the document I mentioned above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please let me know which Linux BSP you are using. In case if you are using Linux BSP from MPC8306SOM board, than this procedure of QE microcode upload is implemented already in this BSP, and QE microcode image is distributed as a part of this BSP.

0 Kudos
00lirui
Contributor I

Hi

I install the mpc8306 ltib and build the uboot image, download and try ,the output printf message is " Not a microcode" and hangs at "Net:".

So ,the problem remains.

thank you !

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Uboot image definitely does not contain QE microcode image, it is a separate file. What do you think about reading documentation included in Linux BSP?

\help\software\tools_8309som\nor_flashing\ NOR Flash Programming User Manual.pdf

00lirui
Contributor I

Are you sure that uboot don't contain microcode image? If so ,How to find the separate file ,and how to make it work?

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, uboot binary image does not contain microcode image, microcode image should be programmed to specified location in flash, as described in the document I mentioned above.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
00lirui
Contributor I

I installed the ltib-mpc8308erdb,and used it to compile the u-boot-2009.11 for mpc8306. I read the QE manual and find mpc8308 don't have QE. So,Do I neet to install mpc8309 ltib instead?

0 Kudos