cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8313 External USB Hub Create Test Packet

ernst_verseput
Contributor I

Hi all,

I've been tasked with testing the USB eye patterns of the MPC8313 and the external hub it is connected to. In Linux I've been able to set the correct registers in the MPC8313 for it to create the test packets.

To be able to test the external hub it is necessary to also set this hub up accordingly so it creates the test packets needed for the eye mask test.

The USB-IF has a tool for this, but it only works on windows. Does anyone know if there is an appnote concerning this situation or does anyone have any experience doing this?

Kind regards,

Ernst

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MPC8313 USB supports test mode using the PORTSC[PTC] bits. See the Section 16.3.13 of the MPC8313 Reference Manual:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/MPC8313ERM.pdf

Is there problem for testing the USB eye patterns of the MPC8313 if USB hub is not used?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos