cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8306 SOM UBOOT

Jump to solution
00lirui
Contributor I

Hi,When I can program flash successfully, I test the UBOOT.bin coming from the CD, the uart1 can not print the message. So i debug the uboot code with CodeWarrior ,I can run the code with single step ,and find two places may have some problems. One is involved with instruction "isync" or "sync", for example.

0xfe003374:  4c00012c  isync

0xfe003378:  3c600000  lis r3 ,0

0xfe00338c: 3ca00002   lis r5, 0

the sentence "lis r3,0" is  escaped ,the debugger run to the next one.  I find all the sentence behind "isync" can not run. Does it right?

the other possible wrong is when the debugger run to function "lock_ram_in_cache",the program counter is out of control.

thanks for any suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The message usually shows trying to access memory while there is no response, maybe that address is invalid. You could check the TLB, LAW setting for this error happened area.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The isync itself should not cause an issue, as per my understanding. What is happening in previous instruction, before this isync?

Also, in your previous topic, you mentioned about some problems in your DDR hardware which you fixed already. What exactly was done to fix this? If there are any changes in DDR settings, than I do not think UBOOT.bin, coming on CD, will work on your hardware without any modifications, you have to rebuild it to accomodate new DDR settings.

00lirui
Contributor I

hello.

thanks for your suggestion. The DDR ram is same with the MPC8306 SOM, the last problem i fixed is only the weak solder. Now I am sure that the code run normally before calling the function "lock_ram_in_cache" by lighting led method. The single step debug also run out at this function sentence "mfspr r0,HID0",and CCS log show the message "cannot start SAP transaction". I don't know what it exactly mean.

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The message usually shows trying to access memory while there is no response, maybe that address is invalid. You could check the TLB, LAW setting for this error happened area.

0 Kudos