Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8306 Ethernet initialization problem

Jump to solution
kchen21
Contributor II

Hello

We are developing custom boards based on the MPC8306 and are having ethernet issues on some of the boards.

MPC8306 boot process is suspended during ethernet initialization in the u-boot process.

It seems that the CECR flag bit of QE is set by the core processor, but QE failed to clear this bit, causing the processor failed to continue executing.

Only one of the 6 boards has this problem, the MPC8306 has been replaced with a new one, and the PHY we use is DP83848K.

Sincerely hope to get your help.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the processor replacement was not helpful, than this means something is incorrect with board. Please check board soldering, verify all components are present, properly placed and have desired value. Also, there may be a board quality issue, for example some board via has no connection to internal layer, or something like this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the processor replacement was not helpful, than this means something is incorrect with board. Please check board soldering, verify all components are present, properly placed and have desired value. Also, there may be a board quality issue, for example some board via has no connection to internal layer, or something like this.

kchen21
Contributor II

Okay,I will check it again,thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
esehi123
Contributor I

alexander.yakovlev wrote:

If the processor replacement was not helpful, than this means mcdvoice something is incorrect with board. Please check board soldering, verify all components are present, properly placed and have desired value. Also, there may be a board quality issue, for example some board via has no connection to internal layer, or something like this.

okay I got it thanks for your reply 

0 Kudos