WCT-15W1CFFPD not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCT-15W1CFFPD not working

d123
Contributor II

We recently acquired a WCT-15W1CFFPD evaluation kit that uses a MWCT1013 chip but it's not working.

When we power up the board the red and green LEDs turn on for less than five seconds and then the green LED turns off and the red LED starts blinking and stays that way. We then tried to place a Qi-enabled phone on the coil but nothing happens. The charger is not detected at all. It's an iPhone 8 that works fine with other Qi chargers.

Also we tried to connect the board to FreeMASTER using a USB-UART board but we get an error: "Can not detect the board information ! The communication will be paused. Error code 0x80000101 (Response timeout.)" Using the wizard to probe the UART fails to detect the board too.

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

d123
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

Yes, this issue is happening right out of the box. I was wondering if we have to program the chip when using it for the first time or does it come with firmware programmed by default?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The board should come with firmware programmed by default and should work out-of-the-box.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

WCT-15W1CFFPD seems to be entered in an unknown stage, as you can see in the LED indication section (section 9.2) of the device user guide (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/WCT101XV10AUG.pdf), there are no pattern for GREEN LED OFF and RED LED BLINK.

If this issue you have is an out-of-the-box issue, I recommend you to contact your board distributor for a replacement.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

d123
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your help! We have contacted our distributor and we are waiting for a replacement. However, since it is backordered, it could take a while to get our replacement board. In the meantime, is there anything we could do to make this board work?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Yes, you can try to reprogram the board, to do this please follow steps mentioned on section 7 of the user manual: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/WCT101XV10AUG.pdf

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

ae7
Contributor I

Dear Jose,

I am facing the same UART´s issue as d123 posted on last comment. Do you have any solution?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

d123
Contributor II

Dear Jose,

We have managed to make the board work and charge devices with it. It seems the problem was that the USB PD adapter we were using was not working properly. The green LED blinks normally when not charging. The red LED blinks and the green LED stays on when charging, so that seems to be fine.

However, we still are unable to communicate with FreeMASTER using a USB-UART board. FreeMASTER does not detect the board at all. We have checked that RX and TX are correct and have swapped them just in case, but no luck. We have tried with the Connection Wizard to check different baudrates but it's still the same.

Could you help us? Thanks!

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

wireless123
Contributor I

Hi,

I got completely same problem on d123 reporting.

Please tell me how to communicate WCT-15W1CFFPD with FreeMaster using UART.

Currently Wireless Charging works ok, but FreeMaster put error "Response Timeout".

Best regards,

0 Kudos