cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA9450CHNY LOADSW_CTRL Register

Jump to solution
omar_wolfe-huss
Contributor III

I am seeing behaviour on the LOADSW_CTRL register (0x2A) of PCA9450CHNY that doesn't match the documentation. In table 64 of the datasheet is shows the reset state of the register is 0x85, which allows SW_EN to control the state of the load switch. We are seeing that devices actually power up with a default state of 0x84, which sets the load switch to "Always off". Is this expected?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Omar,

Indeed, the default value of the LOADSW_CTRL register should be 0x85.

In this case, I assume the device is detecting a short circuit current based on the SW_SC bit as follow:

diazmarin09_0-1644372299740.png

As a test, could you please set this bit (SW_SC) to 1? If the device restarts in 100ms, indeed, the switch is detecting a short circuit.

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
omar_wolfe-huss
Contributor III

Hi David,

Many thanks for your suggestion. When I change SW_SC to 1 I can see that the power is up after 100ms, confirming that a short circuit is being detected. This appears to be in-rush and so we will amend the design to prevent this from happening.

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Omar,

Indeed, the default value of the LOADSW_CTRL register should be 0x85.

In this case, I assume the device is detecting a short circuit current based on the SW_SC bit as follow:

diazmarin09_0-1644372299740.png

As a test, could you please set this bit (SW_SC) to 1? If the device restarts in 100ms, indeed, the switch is detecting a short circuit.

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos