FlexGUI Failure with PF8200

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexGUI Failure with PF8200

Resaurus
Contributor I

I've been trying to test functionality of a PF8200 using the KITPF8200FRDMEVM eval board. Unfortunately whenever I try to read or write to the registers using the FlexGUI the command fails. I've had the same issue with multiple boards, so it seems to be a software issue. I'm also able to use I2C to set the pins, so there is some communication occurring between the software and the board. I'm a bit stumped as to why I'm unable to interact with the registers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You probably have not flashed the FRDM-KL25Z firmware loader and the FlexGUI firmware. Please follow the steps described in UM11160 - KITPF8100FRDMEVM / KITPF8200FRDMEVM Evaluation Board - User Guid sections 5.4.1 and 5.4.2.

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. 

Please refer to the KTVR5100FRDMEVMUG, KITVR5100FRDMEVM evaluation board - User's guide section 7: Installing the software and setting up the hardware.

Once you download VR5100GUI.zip and extract the files, attached you will find a video with the steps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Resaurus
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm afraid that isn't the PMIC I'm working with and therefore not the correct software. I've set up the PF8200 FlexGUI software according to the get started steps found below, as well as the linked user guide:

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-pf8100-pf8200-evaluation-board:GS-PF8100-PF8...

Despite doing that I'm having issues reading from and writing to the registers.

0 Kudos