Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS4503 Grounding

Jump to solution
wade_liu
Contributor I

Hello!

Please help us clarify the following questions

1. Witch pin the return path of GATE_LS?(AGND or DGND)

2. GND of S32K144 is no distinction between digital and analog (No DGND,AGND, Only Vss), How do you recommend grounding while we use FS4503 & S32K144?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

[A1] Return path of GATE_LS is AGND. But at the end you can connect all the ground together as in the schematic in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/FRDMFS4503CAEVM-A-SCH.pdf

[A2] S32K144 have VSS (Ground) and VSSA (Analog Ground), but both must be shorted to a general GND at package level.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

[A1] Return path of GATE_LS is AGND. But at the end you can connect all the ground together as in the schematic in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/FRDMFS4503CAEVM-A-SCH.pdf

[A2] S32K144 have VSS (Ground) and VSSA (Analog Ground), but both must be shorted to a general GND at package level.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
wade_liu
Contributor I

Thank you for your information!

So, that's mean the return path of 12V battery (VSUP1/2) is also AGND?

I will connect AGND & DGND together, but I'm thinking about where to place common point on the PCB layout.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wade,

Correct, the return path of 12V battery (VSUP1/2) is also AGND.

Connecting the AGND & DGND together can be done by placing an inductor (around 1uH or less) between them.

Regards,

Jose