P2020RDB reference board booting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020RDB reference board booting

cwrstl
Contributor I

We bought a P2020RDB, which boots successfully to the Linux distro installed on the SD card.  However, we are now trying to install a VxWorks boot loader to the other part of the NOR flash.  After writing the image, and flipping SW3[7], we only get a steady power LED, and the two eTSEC2 LED rapidly blinking.  I would assume that this indicates a specific error, but can't find it anywhere in the documentation.

A few other potential issues with this:

The board docs indicate that the upper bank of the NOR flash starts at 0xEFF80000 and the lower bank at 0xEF780000.  The switch information references the upper 4 sectors or middle 4 sectors.  Can someone clarify these addresses?

VxWorks says to copy the boot loader starting at address 0xEF700000, which wouldn't seem to be correct?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect those addresses given are meant to be the place to write U-Boot for booting from a particular bank -- not the actual start of the bank.  Boot images go at the end of flash (as seen after the address is transformed based on the selected bank).  If VxWorks is larger than U-Boot, then it will go at a lower address.

paulgan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SW3[7] means POR cfg_boot_seq[1], it should be ON (Disables boot sequencer). If you switch to OFF and board will always reboot.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is not clear how exactly (U-Boot log) the Flash was programmed.

> After writing the image, and flipping SW3[7], we only get a steady

> power LED, and the two eTSEC2 LED rapidly blinking.

Why SW3[7]?

> The switch information references the upper 4 sectors or middle 4 sectors.

> Can someone clarify these addresses?

"middle" is a typo - should be "low".

Please refer to the P2020RDB-PCA Specification, 5.1 NOR Flash Memory.

0 Kudos