Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode configuration in eLBC for P1015

Jump to solution
pavankumarg
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a few queries with regard to the eLBC controller in the P1015. I have 3 devices connected to the eLBC bus which are - NOR Flash, FPGA and a NVRAM.   The NOR Flash is the boot device and is connected to the GPCM mode.

1.Can I connect all the three devices in the GPCM mode. Will it have any effect or will it create any problems while booting from NOR Flash.

2.Are there any limitations to connecting these three devices in the GPCM mode of the eLBC bus.

3.What mode of operation would be better for the FPGA and NVRAM - GPCM mode or UPM mode ?

How does one choose which mode needs to be used?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Yes you can connect all devices in GPCM mode, the mode is configured per chip select line in OR/BR register pair. I do not expect any problems at boot time.

2. No limitations except total input capacitance all all 3 devices must be taken into account while timing calculations.

3. There is no definitive answer to this question. I recommend starting from GPCM because it is significantly simple for programming, than UPM.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Yes you can connect all devices in GPCM mode, the mode is configured per chip select line in OR/BR register pair. I do not expect any problems at boot time.

2. No limitations except total input capacitance all all 3 devices must be taken into account while timing calculations.

3. There is no definitive answer to this question. I recommend starting from GPCM because it is significantly simple for programming, than UPM.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!