cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initially program a P1020 that normally boots from MMC

Jump to solution
dougbailey
Contributor III

I am looking at the possiblity of using the P1020 in a design where it uses the mode to boot directly into a eMMC device resident on the PCB.   I have experience using this on an iMX6 and would like to apply it to my P1020 design.  

What I do not see on the P1020 is a mode similar to the USB boot mode on the iMX6 which allows me to boot into the MFGTool to initially load the software.  Is there a similar capability on the P1020?  

What is usually done to perform the initial programming for a P1020 board that nominally boots from MMC? 

Regards, 

Doug Bailey 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The P1020 has COP/JTAG interface for external debugger and can boot under debugger control while there is not any other boot device. For exampe CodeWarrior can initialize the P1020 memory, download software and start it. The P1020 SD/MMC controller is compatible with MultiMediaCard System Specification, Version 4.2. It was issued when eMMC had not introduced yet. It can boot from the MMC card or from eMMC device while treat it as MMC card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The P1020 has COP/JTAG interface for external debugger and can boot under debugger control while there is not any other boot device. For exampe CodeWarrior can initialize the P1020 memory, download software and start it. The P1020 SD/MMC controller is compatible with MultiMediaCard System Specification, Version 4.2. It was issued when eMMC had not introduced yet. It can boot from the MMC card or from eMMC device while treat it as MMC card.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos