eGUI ssd1963 driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI ssd1963 driver

leb
Contributor I

On another post (a while ago) it was asked if there was a eGUI driver for the ssd1963 chip.  I have coded one which I would be happy to share if anyone wants it.  I am using a NewHaven 7" Display with satisfactory results.  eGUI certainly enabled me to put a professional face on my project in short order.  Thank you, whoever.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
26 Replies

joelesco
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm sorry to re-open this subject but I have a question about the driver for the SSD1963. It's compatible with every size of display or just for the 7" ?

If not, could you explain which part of code I need to modify for a 4.3" display ?

I'm french and my english is not really good so I apologize for the form of sentence !

Thanks

0 Kudos

TomLEE
Contributor III

Salut Jérémie,

comme mon anglais n'est pas très bon non plus, je te réponds en french (éhé pour une fois, ça fait du bien...).

OUI, le SSD1963 est compatible avec d'autres tailles (inférieures) de LCD.

Il faut juste modifier le code du driver pour rentrer la résolution de l'afficheur (480 x 272 dans ton cas certainement) et les paramètres propres à celui-ci (Timing vertical et horizontal).

Je vais bientôt démarrer une nouvelle étude avec un afficheur INT035TFT-TS de Displaytech avec un afficheur 3.5" et ce même controlleur, j'aurai donc plus d'infos dans les semaines (mois ?) à venir.

Surveille également le forum de Displaytech car il se peut que des gens postent des codes sources. Regarde également ce lien http://www.techtoys.com.hk/Displays/SSD1963EvalRev3B/SSD1963%20Eval%20Board%20Rev3B.htm, je pense qu'il y a des choses très intéressantes à récupérer...

Salutations,

Thomas RETAIL.

LES ETUDES ELECTRONIQUES

33380 BIGANOS

FRANCE

http://etudeselectroniques.free.fr

0 Kudos

joelesco
Contributor III

Salut Thomas,

Merci pour toutes ces infos ! Depuis mon post je t'avouerai que je me suis posé la question de laisser tomber un afficheur avec contrôleur intégré pour m'orienter sur un micro qui intègre la fonction( K70 par exemple). Mais pour mon besoin ce type de micro est énorme ! Donc j'hésite toujours.

La vie est surprenante parfois ! J'ai hésité il y 'a 6 mois de ça à postuler dans votre boite pour un stage !

Encore merci pour ces liens.

Bonne journée.

0 Kudos

darkicmarkic
Contributor I

Hi,

just registered to this forum. I am having problems with SSD1963 and portrait orientation, landscape works just fine.

Read through this topic but i don't see any download link or attachment that contains code you mentioned earlier.

Am I missing something elementary?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

Looks like the recent update to the forums removed file attachments.  That's unfortunate and will probably cause problems for many others stumbling on old discussions.

I don't have the original code posted, but I have my code with additions from leb's code to fix the issues with orientation setting.  I haven't used this in a few months, so your mileage may vary.

Not sure how to post files any more, but here's a link to where you can grab it.

Dropbox - d4d_ssd1963.zip

0 Kudos

saurubhmishra
Contributor I

Hi Ryan Raeuber,

Greetings.

I am stuck with the SSD1963 portrait mode from landscape to portrait port.

Please help me.

I need to know that what changes could be done in my files to make it work in portrait mode. I am posting my files here. please take a look at it.

I need guidance on the SSD1963 configuration level and mapping of X,Y from landscape to portrait.

Files link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

Looking forward to your kind help.

regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

lukaszbittner
Contributor I

Hi, Could you reload your driver?

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

Here you go.

0 Kudos

patrikčižmár
Contributor II

Hello Ryan,

Is it possible to use driver SSD1963 to drive amoled display ? I have amoled display that has paraller RGB and resolution of 480x800.

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

If your amoled uses the SSD1963 as the driver then I expect yes.  The LCD I used was a TFT with an RGB interface also with a resolution of 480x800.  It's been almost a year since I used this driver, so the details have gotten a bit foggy.

0 Kudos

VuPhung
Contributor I

Dear Ryan,

I'm doing eGUI with ssd1963 and tsc2046-touch driver. Do you have tsc2046 driver is suitable with eGUI?

Thanks,

Vu Phung

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

I have only used the adc interface for touch.  Maybe the egui devs are planning on adding support for spi touch controllers?

0 Kudos

darkicmarkic
Contributor I

Thank you for your effort.

Looking at the code it appears that I have already set Address Mode register correctly (0x36), so there must be something else that I am missing.

As far as i can tell from the datasheet all you need to do to change orientation is to change value of Address Mode register (0x36)?

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

Did you verify your SetWindow function too?

0 Kudos

darkicmarkic
Contributor I

You guessed it right, that was the culprit. All it took was a little trial and error and datasheet reading.

I managed to solve this but didn't get around to post until now.

Display now works as expected in all orientations (0, 90, 180 and 270)

Thank you again

0 Kudos

WalterLim
Contributor I

I had the same problem with SSD1963 for changing between landscape and portrait.

Your driver code helps me a lot. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

leb's functions for the orientation work well for me.  I went back and tested those with my product and was able to see the screen flip/rotate properly.

0 Kudos

donw
Contributor IV

I need some help with driving the SSd1963 graphic IC...

I have it connected to ports on a 'JM60 micro.

I want to operate in '8 bit' mode (so D8..D15 not used).  

What is the correct sequence of data byte strobing to the IC to issue a Command?

Even though the IC only uses 8bit commands do I still have to send 16 bits as per:

RD high WR high

CD low

put high byte command 

CS low

WR low.. high

CS high

and repeat for low byte of command 

and then repeat the above for each16 bit parameter(s) of the command..

0 Kudos

leb
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry to be so slow in reponding.  I did not setup email to know when someone posted to this chain.

I think the answer to your question is command 0xf0 of the SSD1963 - set_pixel_data_interface, page 78 of the manual.  It states "Set the pixel data format to 8-bit / 9-bit / 12-bit / 16-bit / 16-bit(565) / 18-bit / 24-bit in the parallel host processor
interface. This command is used for display data only, the command format is always 8 bit.".  It then goes on to list the formats.  You want the parameter to be 0x00 - 8 bit.  So commands are always 8 bit, but they may require additional 8 bit cycles to supply all the parameters.  For example, 0x0F requires a cycle for the command and another cycle for the parameter 0x00.  When supplying pixel data you will need sufficient cycles to supply all the bits of the pixel.  eGUI maxs at 5-6-5 I believe, so each pixel requires 2 cycles (16 bits).

Hope I have this correct

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

Yes, take a look at the initialization in my driver above.  The D4DLCD_Init_SSD1963 function all initialization is done with 8bit values.

All commands are 8 bit values followed by data bytes.  The data is read in 8 bits at a time.

So send your command:

dc low

cs low

cmd byte

pulse wr

cs high

dc high

Send any data required for that command 8 bits at a time msb first:

cs low

data byte

pulse wr

cs high

You can leave RD set until you want to do a read.

Just use the d4dlcdhw_gpio8080_8b driver and all this is done for you.

0 Kudos