cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AFT09MS015N AWR simulating

amb
Contributor I

Hi, 

I`m trying to simulate Power Stage with AFT09MS015N device in Cadence AWR 15 software, I was hoping to get at least 15W of output power at Vdd 12.5V and Idq 0.1A in 136-174 Mhz band. After simulating I got strange Pout and Gain graph (see "Meas.jpg" with Vgs 2.5V, at Vgs 2.75V maximum Pout is almost the same). What am I doing wrong?

Before installing AFT09MS015N model, I installed RF High Power Model Kit AWRE v13 - model definition required to run all RF High Power AWR Design Kit....

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
2 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, I do not use AWR and can not reproduce your issue. I performed load pull using ADS and got quite reasonable performance data. Both ADS and AWR use the same model for the device. So, I think it is an issue of the simulation framework.

Please note that this device is conditionally stable and it requires some efforts to ensure stability of load pull simulation. Using standard LP framework without stability enhancement of unstable device would give unreliable results.

I think you should contact Cadence support to ask how to use their LP template with potentially unstable devices.

Have a great day,
Pavel
TIC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

amb
Contributor I

Please explain to me what the expression means: "Note that this device is conditionally stable and requires some effort to ensure the stability of the load simulation. Using a standard LP frame without increasing the stability of an unstable device will give unreliable results."

0 Kudos