Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7160 not responding

Jump to solution
LucasZDS
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good afternoon or evening. I was going through the module information and I am currently running into a problem when trying to get the data via I2C communication. In particular, when I initiate the communication, I am only getting the device address, as shown in the attached image, and I am not getting the response I am expecting.

My current configuration is as follows: HIF1 = 0, HIF2 = 0, resulting in the address of 0x23 + W = 0x50, as can be seen in the image captured on the oscilloscope. I am beginning to think that the problem might be in the design of a certain part of the process.

In the image captured on the oscilloscope, you can see that the write I am trying to perform is 0x50 -> 0x03, 0x01, 0x08. However, in the screenshot, only the address 0x50 is shown and not the data I am trying to send. Any help or suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards Lucas.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LucasZDS
Contributor II

Hello, good evening. I hope you are all well.

I am pleased to inform you that I have solved the device communication problem. It turns out that the only problem was in the connection of the devices. Initially, when reading the documentation, it mentioned that the VEN pin was used to reset the device, so I didn't think much of it. However, upon closer examination, I discovered that for proper operation, it is necessary to provide power to VEN greater than 1.1V.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LucasZDS
Contributor II

Hello, good evening. I hope you are all well.

I am pleased to inform you that I have solved the device communication problem. It turns out that the only problem was in the connection of the devices. Initially, when reading the documentation, it mentioned that the VEN pin was used to reset the device, so I didn't think much of it. However, upon closer examination, I discovered that for proper operation, it is necessary to provide power to VEN greater than 1.1V.